Friday, June 10, 2005

Big breasts kill concentration...I think..?

Wow! Two posts in a row, I am on fire! Haha, probably the wrong choice of words after watching Law & Order SVU, where a victim was killed and then set alight. The other has two exams today, the first starting in 8 hours! So I say good luck to the poor lad and I expect distinctions in both classes that you're being examined on today!

I'll try to keep this somewhat succinct because I am aiming to get rid of the entire backlog of blognotes that I have, but there are only a few so let's have at it.

The other made a brilliant point about sanity being totally subjective, and hence not being able to be ascertained objectively. This is quite true. What is the existing paradigm of sanity in the current Western tradition? Every person will have a different answer. So why do we have Psyche institutions, why is insanity a defence at trial? Wow, I sound like a post-modernist, but why should the people who determine what sanity is be able to subject everyone else to that meaning? It's inherently wrong, but that's how these things work.

Truth is like that too. There is no such thing as objective truth. As anything knowledge related is done via language and language is an imperfect tool for communicating notions of truth. What the truth is to me isn't necessarily the truth to you.

But changing the status quo is impossible my friends.

Heard a novel idea in legal theory, concerning John Rawls and his notion of the 'veil of ignorance'. In it people are taught to make decisions concerning rights and what not as if they are not aware of anything - sex, race, age, species etc. It's believed that once this veil is removed, we can achieve true happiness as things will be fair, since the current notion of rights and happiness cannot be separated from those factors which the veil of ignorance hopes to negate.

With the heady stuff out of the way, I think I may get into some trite! There was a guy in some of my comm classes last year who all the females fancied. Typical jock mofo from the looks of him - 6 foot muscly, lacking fashion sense, had surfer/footy boy leanings, aloof! Anyway, one of my friends said she'd eventually get him and when I saw her this year she said she met him at a party and that they swapped numbers and she was hoping to start something. Then another friend laughed and upon further inquiry she divulged that this jock boy was a notorious playboy (well duh) and that one of her other friends was getting hot and heavy with him when he attempted to bend her over and stick his fingers up her rectum. This instantly illicited riotous fits of laughter from yours truly, and a look of shock from the first girl. Strange as it was, I should have mentioned that he was probably unaware of where the female genitals are located (and considering the number of stories that I've heard about this phenomenon, I am actually quite shocked)!

But then it dawned on me. Ridiculously attractive people who are held up on pedestals by the rest of us are somewhat isolated from general society and not treated normally. Of course I want to kick them in the face when they say it's a curse being beautiful and what not. But that's not the point I'm trying to make! My point? All insanely hot people are severely messed up in the head. This could make them dangerous to the rest of us, and we should consider the greatest happiness for the greatest number so we should shoot them. It's the only logical explanation. Then it got me thinking, who the hell would we perve on? Would society re-think beauty paradigms and new people would be received as the beautiful and would eventually become the messed up ones? Who knows?! I don't wanna find out. I like my hot women thank you very much, regardless of mental state!

Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus