Sunday, July 27, 2008

Baby I Swear It's Deja Vu

I have been getting massive waves of Deja Vu lately. It's really scary, because as soon as it happens I know it's Deja Vu and I start freaking out. Luckily I haven't had a panic attack since university so I'm all good with it. But I do however get flashes of The Matrix in there (that one is for the other).

It's really cold here, and my hands are frozen. I can't even feel the keys on the keyboard here. I went shopping yesterday and I managed to procure myself at least a month's worth of dinners there, and all for relatively cheap, so I am incredibly happy!

Also did my tax return, should be getting about $4,000, which will be great. I hope I didn't mess up, cause I didn't know what I was doing!

I thought I had something interesting to say mid week, but when I got home I totally forgot about it. I might have to start writing my notes down via hand again!

I don't know if I've mentioned before, but I think my skills are back. However, despite possessing the same technical skills I had before, I can't remember a lot of the songs I used to be able to play! I might have to start concentrating on those again, and getting my retention skills back to where they used to be.

I also saw a second car accident in as many weeks here! Again, right in front of my place, I love it when it rains, people always drive terribly.

I honestly don't have time to update the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) as of yet, BUT I will aim to do that some time next weekend.

Ahhh time, it's too fleeting. I was talking to my friend the other day, and he said something I found hilarious. You're not really ready or prepared to do anything on the weekends until Sunday night, when it's time to get ready for work anyway. Ahh so true, the irony of it all, it made perfect sense.

Haha, just realised again that almost every paragraph starts with the word I! Sorry about that again, I will try not to be so self absorbed. But hey, it's a blog!

So what's left? Oh yes, an essay on the women of this town. Let's see how this pans out shall we?

I think I've been here long enough to notice the inherent differences between the areas here. There's a division (known to everyone), of geography, which lumps people into different categories. Anyway, sometimes an individual or two can be the exception to the rule, but so far I haven't noticed any exceptions while I've been here! So what do we have? The Eastern Suburbs (The Affluents), the North Shore (The Snobs), The Shire Girls (The Partiers), The South West Girls (The Bohemians) and finally, the Western Suburbs Girls (The Trash). The Affluents go out in style, no matter where the hell they go. To the shops to get bread, or to go to work or even when they're out doing nothing in particular. Consumed by consumerism I guess, all about what you're wearing. The thing about them is that they're functional, like they can function in any social setting and can mix with others. I don't know too many, but I guess they can be bitchy, because they think they have an entitlement to everything. I guess I'll have to meet more.

The Snobs are interesting. Despite heavy divisions between those that go to Private, Selective and Public schools, the common thread that binds them is their utter hubris to all others in the city. They honestly think they're better than all others, as if it were an unshakable truth. It's pretty disturbing, as they expect others to treat them like royalty, and even though they're from the same area, privates won't talk to publics and vice versa. I don't know why that is. I guess it's more of a mental thing, as the North Shore (as a whole), isn't as affluent compared to the East, so they've just got the mentality of snobbiness, while not having the money or class to fall back on.

The Shire Girls, ahh the shire girls. Towards Thursday and Friday, and all over the weekend, the city just becomes swamped with these types as they decide to get loose and just party like psychos. They're the ones you usually see on news reports about underage drinking, drugs etc. The Shire is referred to as God's Country (colloquially at least), so I guess they come to the City for the Devil's Playground. Just trolloping about in minimal clothing in the middle of winter, while their parents think they're the cream of the Earth. Gold.

The Bohemians scare me. You may meet a few here and there, and they just talk utter crap. I don't know what the hell it is. At least back home they were a minority, here they tend to be a huge mass. I don't know why they tend to talk about subjects they have no idea about. So you read a chapter on the subject for university, that doesn't make you an expert!

The Trash, hmm. I don't know what to say about these types because I don't think I've met any. Everything I've heard about this group has been from other sources. I guess I might have to make a trip there some time to get a better idea!

Anyway, I betrter finish this one up. Till next time. Have a nice day folks! Joaquin out!
blog comments powered by Disqus