Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I Need To Hide Away

Just when I thought work was panning out and I'd be able to relax for a bit, I find myself smack bang in the middle of the biggest corporate deal in the commercial sector ever. Lovely...

Hopefully it should blow over soon and I can relax a bit.

I don't know whether I've mentioned it before, but people tend to sleep in 15 minute cycles. Yes, outside of those periods you have normal sleep, REM, deep sleep, etc, but these alternate in 15 minute cycles. Anyway, if you manage to wake up at the end of one of these cycles, you feel happy and refreshed. Any other time, you feel like death stirred up. This is why lunchtime naps or siestas do wonders for people. What sucks is that when I have a good night sleep and sleep early, I miss the window and I wake up and feel awful. When I sleep late, I always manage to hit the mark and feel fine, so what's the point?! It's very stupid!

Blood blisters are the worst! You usually get them from the most minor of injuries, but they are so annoying and painful later on, that you can't really do a lot. I'm having this with guitar at the moment.

I saw a HUGEEE accident yesterday. The biggest car accident I've ever seen, that's for sure. I was watching tv, when I heard two massive blasts. I walked to the window and saw that a car had swerved, hit another car and then crashed head on into a wall of the building right next to my apartment block. A nice silver car had just crumpled completely, half of the front was gone, as was the entire wall. It was sheer carnage, I loved every second of it! I wish I had taken a pic, but alas, not a camera nearby!

On my way to work, I can see this lovely apartment building with absolutely NOTHING in it. There are no curtains so you can see inside it. It's very nice, modern, and in a very exclusive area. Why is nobody living there? I also haven't seen any development signs there, so it's effectively just empty. Why don't I just move there for the rent I am paying now? Surely it's better than the nothing they currently have!!

I've noticed that near the Harbour Bridge, there's all these empty office spaces built into the structure that nobody uses anymore. These places would hands down be THE best for band practice and rehearsal!! You can be as loud as you want and it'd just get drowned out by car noise. But I wonder how those places are accessible.

I've been listening to Southern Sons. They're an early 90's Australian rock band. I can remember when I was a kid, I saw a promo on tv, and they had a song that I really liked, so I've effectively got the first song I've ever liked, and it's still good, even by today's standards!! Old school, baby!

I've switched to a new Deoderant. I'm using Lynx now, as opposed to Dove spray on. I used to use Dove Roll on, but I couldn't find it in the stores, so I bought the spray. That was ok, it was very fresh, but as it wore off, it didn't smell so nice anymore, and for the price, there wasn't a lot in the bottle! But this Lynx stuff is lovely, I smell like fruit, and it lasts for ages.

Yes, I know I promised an essay on the women in this city, as well as an update to the Joaquin Rate List, but they will have to wait until the weekend, when I have more time. I'm also keeping blognotes now, so you won't miss a thing. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus