Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Really Think It's Just A Matter Of Time...

I'll try to make this quick. I've noticed that ever since I've come back "home", I've fallen into old habits pretty quickly. Sleeping at 2am+ most nights, but I've been sleeping very well since there's absolutely no noise out in the suburbs. I know this is going to kick me in the ass on Monday morning, and I'll probably feel it all the way till the end of the week.

I remembered the day after I arrived that I forgot to submit my timesheet on Thursday afternoon, and now I'm hoping I can submit it before the next week rolls over on the performance reports due on Monday, or else it's going to show that I didn't work at all last week, which I'm sure I'll be grilled about. It's stopped me from enjoying being here, even though I must say it's pretty surreal. That's just the worst, when work interferes with your personal life, and it's not how things should be.

I have free time now and not knowing what to do with your free time is a scary proposition. It's fucked up everyone I know who is working full time this year! Oh well.

So yes, I picked up my guitar and boy, do I suck. It's not a great feeling when I KNOW that I was great at the guitar, and I've been without one for 3 and a bit months and now I'm just utterly shocking. I can remember some things but my execution is incredibly poor. Some basic things just take ages now and are pretty inaccurate. Even funnier, my fingers hurt HORRIBLY even after just a few minutes. What's worse is that I'm not even taking my guitars back this time, so it's going to be a while till I can get decent again. I think I might buy a guitar there too on top of a computer. Hello Martin or Maton or Ovation, yes, finally and fuck, I can afford one so why not?

Good to see you Lofo today (I can't think of a proper name for you just yet)! Make sure you blog more! Dakota sucked. Make sure you send me that dance song before I leave! Have a nice day folks, Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus