Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The tones have gone def...

Sometimes, the clothes you wear make you feel a certain way. Maybe because of the way that it makes you look, or because they have some magical power. I woke up this morning, and pulled out my deftones t-shirt. Who would have known that it was going to transform my entire day. The day progressed to becoming a total tribute to this fantastic band. I've always liked deftones, but somehow over the years, lost track of what they were doing, and hadn't listened to the last 2 releases that they have had. I can't really explain what it was, but their sound just completely took me away today. I think I just understood them in a completely different light... Now waiting for their new release thats due sometime in July.

Everyone gets carried away with their lives, and I think thats even more the case these days. The friends who meant the world to me, I rarely see. Possibly because the circles have changed, or possibly because everyone is too obsessed with the one thing that is a big part of their lives at that moment. Whatever it is, we're all guilty of being too self involved. And the result of this is usually a falling out of peoples lives that you were so connected to before hand. I know the friends that are always going to be there, the ones who randomly make time for you, and you do the same for them. That is all it takes, but most people keep putting it off. And by putting it off, we realize how unimportant it is to us. I wish I had more time, to look towards the people who mean so much, but they don't aways return the same, so it just so happens, that we break away...

Is it a waste of time? To spend it on things that we want to do, even if the outcome is not what we wanted? Or is the fact that we pursued it, make it worth while??
blog comments powered by Disqus