Friday, April 25, 2008

I've Returned & I Have Come For You All

D: "You know 90% of homeless people suffer from one of the three main mental illnesses?"
S: "Drinking?"

Priceless, had us laughing for a while. So yes, I have returned back home for a few days over this long weekend. I'm also not prepared to post to my blog at work or check it there considering the content of some of the posts, and cause I would like to offer my honest opinion about work, and since we are watched closely there, that would not be very smart.

Yes, as you've probably all guessed, I don't live here anymore, my place interstate is alright. It's a 2 bedroom apartment which I don't share. Rent is a little nuts. It's pretty big, which is nice, but the building is old so I can hear street level noise and I can always hear the front door of the apartment complex being opened and closed. At least my neighbours are fairly quiet and I don't have to see them much.

The pay at work is incredibly good, but after tax and after expenses (transport, rent, groceries), it does get eaten away a fair bit, but I now have more money in my savings than I've ever had in my whole life which feels rather nice, and it'll feel even nicer after next week's pay day.

I haven't really had any major purchases either, but I'm hoping to build a nice super comp and buy it within 2 weeks. Specs: Intel Core 2 Dual Core 3.0 Ghz (MINIMUM) processor (or AMD equivalent), 4 gig RAM, 500 Gig HD, 2x DVD Burners, 7.1 Supported Soundcard, 512 MB 8800GT Nvidia video card, Digital TV Tuner, 24" LCD Flatscreen ohhhh I'm freaking out just thinking about it. Quotes I've had so far have been cheaper than I thought it would be so I'm happy.

So what's life like now? Pretty solitary I must say. My weekday consists of work and work only, Up at 7:25am, breakfast change etc and run off to train station, into work by 8:10-8:15 and working till about 7pm most days. We get an hour off for lunch, but I've had to eat at my computer a lot, while I'm working. Work is incredibly busy and we're actively encouraged (*forced*) to continually ask for more work. We're required by policy to have at least two days of work ahead of us at any given time. We also are given exams that we must pass every month. This continues for most of your career there. The work I do is boring and tedious. I effectively make rich people richer. The average person, or even a slightly well off person could not afford our services without being declared bankrupt. I realised that by my second day that I was destined to live out the rest of my life staring at a computer screen, feeding the wheel. Life isn't meant to be about that, it's meant to be about living. I haven't done a SINGLE thing that's remotely interesting in my weekends. My Saturdays are devoted solely to groceries and chores. Before I know it Sunday is here and I relax for a day and then it's Monday too quickly and I'm cursing the world.

The train ride in the morning is depressing. School kids need to be banned from public transport. They absolutely wreak. How can you smell first thing in the morning?! And you're trapped on a train, when it's packed, it's awful I say!! But at least it's school holidays now so it's been nicely civil.

I've realised that my workplace hires Type A personalities. The type that always think they're right no matter what, overtly extroverted and just really odd people. I don't know what I'm doing there, I'm the complete opposite of these people! One thing that really stands out is the social situations, I've heard 10 minute conversations about brands of Tuna. Fuck, if The Office hadn't been out already, I would have made it myself! Some days I just feel like smacking my head against the cubicle. Nobody really understands what they're doing, and they don't question why we're doing it, they just do it, and I feel like a corporate whore. It was honestly a big mistake to go there. I hate that place, that kind of work and that city. Oh my god, that city. I've always said I'd like to visit there cause there's nice things to see. But I've become just like the masses, I don't notice the sights, just head down and keeping to myself. It's awful. Should have stayed here and taken the job that sounded interesting.

What's even worse is that now I've come back "home" and it doesn't feel like home. It doesn't even seem vaguley familiar. That's an awful feeling. At least the city seems normal. Too many people back there! All weirdos. I also live in a pretty snobby area, and I guess given the job I have, I guess I've developed the same sort of attitude. There are certain people I hate and certain parts of the city I don't go to, and I pay out people from those areas.

I had a lot of things to say but now I can't remember a goddamn thing! You can probably guess I don't have a computer at home, so I don't do a lot there. I study for exams and watch tv. My brother was nice enough to give me his old Xbox so I play Halo, Project Gotham and Fifa 2004. Halo is really a lot of fun. It's not your standard shooter, I've found myself having to use tactics and strategy many times in order to get out of places alive. I've never played anything like it, plenty of fun. PG is easily the best looking car game I've ever played but I'm not happy with the lack of variety in terms of cars and tracks, I guess Gran Turismo is the way to go. Fifa 2004 looks great, but I have Fifa 2005 on PC which looks way better and plays well. But I have to say, these classic lineups are dynamite, and I've scored some wicked goals. I'm using Real Madrid until my contract is fulfilled. I've also bought Van Der Vaart and Kewell, and it has been nothing but grand fun.

A big welcome to the other's friend, I've enjoyed reading those posts, and it's good to see the other keeping up with regular blogging. The new look is fantastic! Heard some great songs lately that I've downloaded, which I must check out now so that's it for now. I'll try to blog a lil bit more before I leave but no promises. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus