Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Teach me to read faster!!!

Reading takes time, I wish some how I could simply input all this information that is available in these books into my poor little brain. I'm finding it a real struggle trying to focus on what I have to read most of the time, and I've decided that maybe its a good idea to go down to the library a little more often, as there are just way too many distractions in my room. I like my distractions, and I wish I had more time to play with them. Oh well, such is life...

For years, I've been unhappy about the manner in which I had to deal with my internet connection here. Quotas, and other such bull crap. I can finally say that after years of struggling and trying, I am at a point where I'm mostly happy about the way it works. Everything I want to do from a computer I can do. Now only if I could get my mobile phone to work on these servers, but thats not going to happen anytime soon, and it really shits me!!

I hope to have a new layout for this blog soon, I'm still waiting on my laptop, and hopefully it will be here soon, so I can make those changes. I think I'm going to make a cleaner interface, not necessarily flashy... I'm thinking quite differently these days, even design wise. Unfortunately there isn't enough time in a day for all the things that I would like to do. I need to figure out a way to work twice as fast as I normally do, or find a way to slow down time... Its been a while since I felt like this, actually I can't remember the last time that this has happened actually. I think its the load this year, and mostly feel that I have to do so much more than I must do. I think soon I'll get used to the schedule more, and I'll spend less time procrastinating. Only time will tell.

I have realized something lately, as I've been looking at it from an outsiders point of view. Addicts don't really hang around with each other because they like each others company. The honest truth is that they hang around with each other for sheer comfort and convenience. Comfort because they know that they will never be judged by the people who have the same habits as them, and so they can just be themselves. Convenience, simply because they all want the same thing, the next fix, they can work with each other. Carry each others burdens, and it is a complete way of life. Once broken out that schedule, I don't think that many of them would hang out with each other. I think someone should do a study on this, hmmm, I wonder if its too late to change my dissertation topic :P. I don't think it has anything to do with communication really.


Since I quit smoking, my appetite had been going crazy, and I'd been eating like a pig. Lately I think its stabilizing, its still better than before, but I don't think I'm always hungry anymore, there is a limit to how much I can eat. I need to go measure my weight to see if I've gained any weight. I'm pretty sure that I have.

Alright, I'm going to hit the sack, so that I can wake up to another day without any classes, but a lot of reading to do. Sometimes I wish that I had classes instead... I wonder if I keep reading this much, if in a months time I will learn how to read a lot faster, and then have more free time on my hands??
blog comments powered by Disqus