Saturday, March 08, 2008

So this is it??

Hello my world, I know its been a while, and I'm still waiting on my laptop, so things just aren't back to normal yet. But it shall be soon. I found out today that the package was stuck at the Customs here in Australia, and after a few faxes, and my diplomatic skills, I got it released. Unfortunately for me, Monday is public holiday and so I probably won't get my hands on it till Tuesday. Its so funny, its the one public holiday that only happens in Canberra, Canberra Day. I guess patience is a good thing, and I'm doing alright.

I realized how awesome my job really is. I don't think many people really understand this position. I work at Coles, which is a supermarket here. I fill the shelves at night. Firstly, the timing is awesome usually somewhere between 6pm-12am. Secondly, it pays well, and who can complain when thats the case. Thirdly, it entails heavy lifting, and a lot of physical activity, and hence I get to work out while I work, and I get paid for it. So how can I possibly complain?? But I realized that after this vacation, I'm really kinda out of shape, so its been testing me lately, but I know a few more days, and I'll be back to normal.

I have quit smoking, it is true, its been over two weeks, and I'm loving every second. I have no idea why I didn't have this bright idea before? Well I guess I was just never determined before, and I guess I was never really at peace which is required to try and pull something like this off. This time I know I'm alright. For those of you thinking man, if you never smoked you would have never had this problem. Well, I don't regret it, I loved my smoking years, and I made the most of them. I think its ok that I smoked, because now I've made the right choice in the end. Last night was probably the ultimate test, I was absolutely smashed, not on patches, and still didn't have a smoke, so I know I'm all good now.

Anyways, I though I'd catch you guys up on some of the happenings around me. I just got back from work, and am quite dead. So I'm going to take care of my sore hand, and hit the hay. I'll write a more thoughtful one tomorrow...
blog comments powered by Disqus