Monday, March 24, 2008

A Note About Salt [Sweet Surrender... and of course... cuciz...]

It is worth mentioning that much of what Tool says, you need to take with a HUGE grain of salt. A lot of it is made up (an interview hinting at 24-minute songs, and an April Fools' prank about a highway accident come to mind), so be careful when you choose to believe something you are being told. If anything, it is probably a good reminder that we should exercise our best judgment and not be sheep in the herd. (One of Tool's main messages seems to be that people need to think for themselves more.) After all, the falsehoods are usually well told, but do tend to seem a bit peculiarly off-the-wall. Best of luck.

[This note was quoted in the Official Lollapalooza 1997 Magazine.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I know. I know exactly what you're thinking. "Wtf?? Tool again??" Yeah bitches... Tool again!! :P I thought I'd had enough, but I thank "Jimmy" for pulling me back in. Awesome song.

Faith kills me. People have always believed in shit they could never explain. It just totally kills the phrase "seeing is believing". Ah, but who am I to prove people wrong? I mean, that's gotta be the hardest fucking job imaginable. Not to mention, something that could lead to my untimely demise, considering all those extremists who could blow me away with their suicidal tendencies. So to "educating the masses" I say "Fuck you!!". Let them believe in what they want, it's not like they think about it every hour of their lives. Heck, some even commit "sins" and still keep on believing they'll go to "heaven" (pffft! haha!). So I say let them... leave them be.

Life is going pretty well, by the way. I quit smoking, which means the world is finally coming to an end. :P The first two days were pretty rough, but I feel better today. My head feels a thousand times lighter, and my throat's clearing up. I just thought it would be great to get in shape for once. (My belly's showing. :P)

Haven't been able to write any songs yet, but I'm getting there. I'm still searching for a good chorus. I'll try something new tomorrow. I'll leave you with my work in progress. 'Til then, hasta luego.

SWEET SURRENDER

You say you never knew why
And I never could understand
I remember our perfect day wasted
As we parted ways again...

I feel the heat of it all
Charging through my veins again
I feel our troubles dying away
As we struggle to face another day...

Nobody's looking...
We can finally breathe again...
blog comments powered by Disqus