Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I think they are joined at the hips...

Time is just not on my side these days... There is so much I want to do, but I only get around to doing the things that are really important, and then run out of time to do the things that I want to do. I should at least be happy that I'm doing the things that need to be done. Today, I am a happy person, I got myself a hair dryer... Don't ask, just something I need. Also today I got called Pablo Escobar again. I was told once in Dhaka over the vacation that I looked like him, and today again at the bar, I got called that. Quite funny I tells ya. Hehe and that I was going to use that hair dryer to dry the cocaine faster... I'd either be a millionaire, or be dead if that were the case...

I've realized one thing, there is a reason why married couples only have other married friends. Ok, most of you are probably thinking "Duh" but I never quite got it till now. Sometimes I wonder why people think that they become one person, because most of the time they really do. Ok, I'm talking about a situation at the moment. I had to really good friends, really close. They didn't get married, but they moved in together, and now its as if they don't exist anymore. Not that I don't see them, they are just not the same people that they used to be. Its not possible to see one of them without the other being there. They were both close friends and I used to talk to the 2 of them separately about separate things. Now that never happens. Its as if I lost two friends and got a new one, one that is nothing like the ones I used to know. And it sucks, but there is really nothing one can do about these things, and I wish them all the best. They are good together, and I'm happy for them, but I still do miss my friends... I guess I'll have to replace those conversations with conversations with someone else... And this is why married, or psudo-married couples can never be friends with single people, we have different priorities in life... Especially ones that have decided that they have to be with each other 24/7...

I'm waiting on my SLR camera to arrive, and in the meantime I am working on my proposal for my thesis. Its keeping me quite busy, and hence I'm going to have to keep this one a bit short... I've decided to write about issues that I think of over the day... Let just hope that I remember my issues, or I'll have to start taking blog notes like the other....
blog comments powered by Disqus