Saturday, March 01, 2008

I don't have a girlfriend, I have a dog...

Okay, I just read the other's post and couldn't help but smile when I saw that he actually mentioned Blink182. I mean, they're probably my favourite band of all fucking time. I've been listening to them since The Enema Of The State, and cried (literally) when I read about their hiatus. It crushed me.

Tom Delonge. Great guitarist, a comedian in his own right (or was, anyway), hilarious drunk and an awesome songwriter. I agree with the other on the fact that Tom never was a good singer, but for some reason, it sounded just right during the Blink oddessey. Although, I have to say that he will never be as funny as he was without the help of his fellow bandmate, Mark. And as far as AVA goes, I would say the old Delonge is now completely inexistant. His lyrical talent (gotta admit) has matured greatly, but his voice (as the other mentioned) sounds whinier and doesn't suit his "all grown-up" attitude. Sad, if you ask me. After I heard the album, it felt like he was going through an endless state of depression.

Mark Hoppus, on the other hand, has also matured, but as a punk artist. His lyrics and his vocal talent have changed brilliantly over the years. I'm just glad Travis decided to stay with him instead of Tom. He probably didn't like the genre AVA were going for anyway. :P Plus-44 is an awesome band, and I dare say they're a hundred times better than AVA. But that's just my opinion. :)

Every individual has a label. I've been labeled many times as well; pussy, bitch, retard, "Vokaal" (hahaha! memories :P), punk, emo (not true :P), and so forth. I'm not into labels, especially when it comes to shitty subjects like religion and politics. I just like being me, and I'm sticking by that. But I guess people can't call me a punk anymore, since I listen to both NOFX and A Perfect Circle. :P Which is going to lead me to tomorrow's post: Maynard James Keenan. A genius if there ever was one.

'Til then... don't leave me and stay together for the kids. :P
Hasta luego.
blog comments powered by Disqus