Thursday, June 12, 2014

Psycho Sexy Super Magic

From out of nowhere.  It looks like I can finally get back to blogging.  It's about bloody time.  I had so much to say yesterday and so little time, and today is the complete opposite of that.  So much time and absolutely nothing to say.  I wonder why this is happening.  Well I guess my brain is fried and I need time off to just do nothing for a while.  Maybe even the routine I have to get by is what's killing me.  And that's the irony of the game I suppose.

Good to see dropbox getting updated with some regular music ideas.  There's some absolutely whacky progressions that are coming through.  I recall when I was first learning, that I could never see the day where I could play anything but a G or a D chord, and now I'm using obscure chords and interesting fingering to get my ideas across.  It's all so gradual and exciting.  But the point is you don't even realise the change.  It's just there one day and you can't really enjoy the progression because there is no lightbulb moment.  But what's strange is that some days you just have it, and other days you definitely don't, no matter how many times you practice.  How good would it be to know music inside and out and just play the music that's in your head?  It makes it all the more amazing that the true masters of instruments out there make such horrendously bad music.

2 hours 40 minutes, just counting down the time to go.  Wiling the hours of my life away.  Then it's all gone!  And what to show for it?  Is there even anything to show for it?  Maybe we put too much stock or emphasis on our lives.  We just are, and we have to just accept it.  Or not.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus