Friday, June 20, 2014

Iced-Creamery, Not Quite Steamery

That's certainly a throwback to a random childhood memory that holds no relevance whatsoever.  I could do with a steam, that's for sure!

Well we're all frozen, so we may as well indulge while we're at it, right?  Indulge in what?  I have no idea.  I don't know what interests me or what excites me.  I need to get away from routine because that's what's killing me.  The monotony and the routine of it all.  A life wasted.  What I wonder is if everyone is truly equal?  If we were really pushed could all of us accomplish anything we ever wanted?  Or is that not the case?  Can only some of us deliver on that promise?  Or do we just need to be pressed in the right ways?  Missing the muse, I guess that's all there's left to lose.  Pressed in the right direction.  Or just blowing in the wind.

I'm starting to think that liking winter is white privilege.  Why?  People who aren't white aren't typically from areas with colder climates.  It's only white people who like winter, and not only that, winter is responsible for more exposure related deaths compared to summer.  This is where the elderly, the poor and the homeless tend to die.  Winter related activities are all snow related, the playground of the rich, because it's such an expensive hobby.  Therefore whenever someone talks about how much they love winter, I automatically think they're an idiot, and class warfare mindset kicks in, and I know I don't like them and I can just discount anything they say.  If you have a brain, you'd do the same thing.

The brain is really a strange thing.  That's really the only key difference between us and our near relatives (from a primate perspective).  This random blob of matter and nerve endings is what set us apart.  It's capable of so much, and yet we barely understand how it works.  It can be fooled so easily, yet it's so powerful.  It's really exciting when you think about it.  And to believe that evolution created it, mostly due to a change in diet.  Wow, I wonder how else it will be refined in the future?

What I don't get is how property is always expected to rise.  I can't speak about other markets, but at least in this city, property prices have absolutely exploded in the past 15-20 years.  Housing used to be reasonably affordable before then, but now it's ridiculous.  You can't live anywhere established or close to any city centre, because you're essentially paying 7 figures for something basic.  That's not right to me.  That defeats the entire purpose of having a city centre, because it's meant to be a true mix of people.  Shoeboxes in dilapidated buildings are still going for stupidly expensive prices.  Old places that are in dire need of renovation are also in the same boat.  Why is this happening?  The market is so artificial, and it's all happening within a short space of time.  Wages won't catch up to this rate of growth and people will be lifetime renters.  The rich get richer through more property investments (because they are the only ones with real leverage), and the poor get poorer.  There's something so intrinsicly wrong with that.  We know who profits, we know who benefits.  When people talk about prices in the market dropping, it's not even realistic - they're price changes of 1-2%.  That is meaningless.  Why is the revolution not here yet? 

Ah finally, I'm heading somewhere!  It was a hell of a period of writer's block back there.  Excellent, it's taken a while but I've finished that task I had for work, so it's just a matter of getting psyched up and starting the long march to ruin.  After all, that's all it is.

Time just being wasted.  For what?  For death, not for anything better.  Just for nothingness and nothing. 

Almost the midpoint of the day, I just want it to be over.  Well it's been busy, and I've got just under 2 hours to go.  But with the brilliance of the morning over, what have I got to say now? 

I want to just relax.  In fact, that's all I need.  Some relaxation and some guitar.  Work is such a drag. 

But I think I'm done for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus