Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yahooligans & Tabouli

Didn't get much sleep last night. Just been too damn sick to actually sleep properly. And as a result I am now ridiculously tired, and it is only the start of the working day, FML. This sickness is making me tired, yet I can't sleep!! It's a vicious circle!! My own personal hell! Haha, I'm such a drama queen!

If I wasn't tired or working, I could really go down for a long pointless drive, and just seeing where the road takes me. Don't really have the fortitude to go for a sojourn. Just really need to take some large strength painkillers and get some rest. It would be really nice to go at least 2 weeks without having to see a doctor.

What buffoonery is this? Why am I wasting my time here? What's worse is that I cannot get any leave for the forseeable future, until I finish this important project I am working on at the moment, that is going to last a few months.

There are some unique identifiers in the world. I don't even know where I'm going with this train of thought! Just thought I'd mention it.

Again, just another day of barely any work and a lot of wikipedia reading. They're paying me too much to do pretty much nothing.

The concept of heaven is very interesting. If you wind up there, what do you get? In some religious texts you get a fancy garden and what not. But what if that's not what you like? Doesn't that mean you are subject to someone elses view of heaven? Where is the reward in that? But what about the other scenario, when you get what you want? Wouldn't you just wish for pretty much what you have now? A partner, a house, something to wile away the time? That's life right now! Why do I want an eternity of that? I recall the Red Dwarf novel Better Than Life where the characters are stuck in a virtual reality game where they are rewarded with their subconscious desires. The novel explained that versions of the game where you get what you wanted were not addictive enough - but the subconscious desires were what hooked people to playing the new version. So what if heaven is like that? Be careful what you (didn't even know you) wished for!

Damn it, I had something interesting to say, and I have promptly forgotten it! My memory isn't so good in my old age, haha. God, how bad is it going to be as I get older?!

I look at the clock and think to myself that it's only about 25 minutes or so until I can go home. Then I don't know how in the hell I survived my last job, when I would have still had 4-5 hours more to go until I could go home! Jesus, it seems so alien and long ago now.

Shit, it's only Wednesday? Damn, and it's not a pay week either! Just hanging out for a friends party this weekend. Hopefully it goes by quicky.

Fuck it, that's it for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus