Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What Ever Happened To...?

You know what's ruining university for me? The assessment! I wouldn't mind the long days, early starts, evening finishes if it wasn't for the assessment. There's just so much of it. As a friend was telling me, it's not even apportioned properly. It's ALL due at roughly the same time. I think assessment really stifles creativity because it's marked against objective criteria. You deviate from it slightly and you pay the price. This just means more of the same old crap each year. How can minds possibly expand??

We've got a few of those new halogen bulbs in the house. I do not like them!! I know they are environmentally friendly, cheaper and last longer, but they have such TINY power output. It's like I'm living my life in a crack den or something! The light is also different, it's more pure white than this weird orangey stuff of normal bulbs. I think my eyesight is suffering as a result. Gimme the good ol' days of the powerful bulbs!

I've seen a few episodes of the Australian version of The Biggest Loser and something interesting struck me. Fiona - she's a very pretty girl, there's no denying that. But she's also a fatty! This got me thinking, even if a girl has a very pretty face but she's fat, she will not have much luck unfortunately. It's a shallow world, you usually need to have the complete package to succeed (mind you I have seen some exceptions which have made me stop dead in my tracks and gawk like a slack jawed yokel). But I have to admit I am a closet "advocate" of such things as I would not date an overweight girl even if she had a pretty face and a good personality. I'm shallow, I know. But I'm not a hypocrite, if I was overweight I would not be making such stupid demands. We've made a bet so I hope Fiona stays on the longest and loses the most weight because she is going to be an awesome hottie afterwards. Wow, after that spot of sexism (for which I heartily apologise) I shall move on to something else.

The other night I was up till 4am going through all my effects on my multi-fx pedal for guitar. I have found my favourite - the acoustic simulator. With my new guitar (more pickups and NOT single coil - thank god) it sounds pretty damn close to a real acoustic. Even tapped chordal harmonics sound fresh and lovely. Don't get me wrong, I will buy an acoustic eventually (since I can't get percussion noises out of an electric of course) but I am quite content with what I have at the moment.

I also had to get Audacity the other day so I could edit a school assignment. I recorded a few songs ages ago (from mic) cause my old comp doesn't have a good soundcard and Iwas just messing with those songs and it's just so awesome. Don't despair, as soon as I get the RIGHT adapter for my soundcard on the new comp, the other and I will eventually get a good tune in the BAG. We also should be getting a lot more stuff finalised, in order to decimate everyone! That's it for today folks, have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus