Saturday, April 08, 2006

We woke up as men, but tonight we sleep as killers

Yes oh yes, the two week break is here and I have realised that I will have to do assessment throughout, but it won't be that bad and I can do it on my terms.

Today had to be the absolute worst day I've ever had at university, and it wasn't even a day with classes. I went in at 11am to finish off a piece of assessment that's due next Friday, but I wanted to get it done so I wouldn't have it hanging over my head. I had to gain an interview with a small business owner or worker about the IR changes. Nobody would talk to me about it!! I squandered so much time. Then later on I had to walk back and forth between campus and school to buy a damn thumb drive so I could transfer my other interview files from school to home. There goes 50 dollars down the drain, but hell I could always do with a thumb drive, never know when it will come in handy. I also felt like I was going to be sick - exorcist sick throughout the whole day and was just not pleasant to be out of the house. So all in all I got NOTHING done. 5 hours down the drain, woohoo!

I've seriously had it with university!! I wouldn't mind being kicked out, but what for?

I have a confession to make. In the later part of the holidays I got into christian music! Before you crucify me (OHHHH the irony is just killing you isn't it), it's actually GOOD music that stands on its own. Bethany Dillon, Barlowgirl, you name it! But wow the voice on Bethany Dillon is just amazing, I can't believe she's only 18, she sounds so mature when she sings and she can play an acoustic guitar admirably. I've never heard a voice as good as hers, she just conveys brilliant emotion in her lyrics, but the focus is not lost on the music so I just love it. But they are really good, any other christian music is a little too insane for my tastes.

The other is correct. Inverse chords are the way to go. He uses them to brilliant effect and it is excellent for composing direct counterpoint music. Don't ask me how, but the other has somehow figured out how to IMPROVISE counterpoint over my lines and I am scared. I just have no idea how to compose opposing lines that come together over a musical boundary, but he has managed to do so and I am amazed. He is genius, by using inverse chords he is thinking outside the box and extending his knowledge of the instrument. When you're not locked into boundaries and set ways of playing you just get infinitely better. Most people you hear on the radio never learn past what they figured out in their first year of playing and it shows. It's painful.

Inverse chords are different. They don't carry a song. They ARE the song, they set the theme, create atmosphere. I like 7th chords cause of the jazzy/classical feel that they give out. I think besides your usual open position major chords and minor chords everyone should learn all their 7th chords. That could be a whole lifetime of albums right there!

Before I leave I must say HOW HOT IS MICHELLE RODRIGUEZ LOOKING IN LOST THESE DAYS??! I fancied her before, but these days, sheeeesh! The show should be called HOT. Why can't I be stranded on an island with her??! Hehe, have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus