Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Nolwenn Ohwo!!

Today was another crappy day uni wise. I had to go in and get an interview done for an assessment piece and it was just a comedy of errors, one after another that saw me running across town TWICE, but I don't care! It's all done now and I can rest easy (a day early too)! Is it a bad thing for another piece of assessment if I handed it in 3 days early (first one in mind you) and everyone else had no idea how to approach it??! Haha I think I should be fine.

A lot of my friends are overseas on exchange this semester and it seems that they all get graded on a pass/fail basis. This means that they can party like mad people as long as they do the minimum amount of study required. I like this. Why is this system not in place universally?!

So, with that annoying shitty piece of shitey shite shite out that assessment out of the way, I am pretty much free to be lax with the remainder of my assessment over the break as long as I dedicate two hours a day to some light work. As mentioned before, I do intend to get a lot of guitar in and some "other" time! Already made a plan to go and see an old friend on Monday with the other and get some guitar in as they have just acquired an old axe and I look forward to putting her through her paces! I must say that I am LOVING the new blog template. How the other has learned to program in CSS I'll never know! The blog is truly unique now!!

There was an incident near my area today with a police initiating a lockdown. Apparently there was a firearm involved and a standoff between police and someone in a house...which later turned out to be empty. However, this isn't a commentary on the ineptitude of the AFP...cause I love you guys...even with your inherent inability to solve major crimes! This entry concerns the lax gun laws in Australia. You'd think after the Port Arthur Massacre that people would actually give a crap about not wanting to get blown away while going about their business but no, people don't! Hell, there was even a Primary School involved today! Luckily nobody was hurt but someday we all know what's going to happen. Due to the lawmakers inability to protect their constituents or the people they serve, that's what has to happen for change to happen and quite frankly, that disgusts me. We need to get above this maxim of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" - that's just a load of bull. People can just grab guns anywhere!! Why aren't guns banned in the public domain? I don't want to hear any crap about this. Australia doesn't have a force like the NRA, lawmakers should be free from intimidation to carry this out. Other guns should be registered and be collated into an international database. People have the means to let this happen, but if you don't want to throw money at their other causes then it won't happen! It's great, now any mofo walking down the street can potentially be carrying a gun! Freedom, tra la la la, I love it!! Freedom in it's truest sense is a form of oppression. All things being free in the natural world, the gazelle gets killed by the lion does it not? We are humans, not animals, we have a duty to protect those that need it. No, not by letting everyone arm themselves to the teeth! Heard a good quote the other day "democracy - 2 wolves and a sheep deciding what to eat for dinner".

That's it for today folks! Have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus