Thursday, November 13, 2014

This Denial Of Reality

Is really just a dream.  Are we going politico?  Perhaps.  Just do it.  Just go ahead and do it.  A ridiculous wave of laziness has overtaken me.  I'm going to have to fight it.  Much like I fight everything.  I don't have too much today because it's just busy.  Being busy has overtaken my life.  I know what that feeling is.  It's not dread. 

There's a bit of an uproar about cheating in universities.  A lot of foreign students pay a service provider to undertake essays on their behalf and then submit it as their own work.  Normally, you would be required to undertake English language proficiency tests before you can be offered a university place (if you're an international student), but apparently a lot of people are getting these qualifications forged, or universities are ignoring the requirement.  Why?  Because of the ridiculous amounts of money being made from international students.  They pay about twice to three times more per degree than a domestic student, and that doesn't include accommodation costs and other costs of compliance.  So universities allow them to pass, without really having a good grasp of the language, or the principles they are supposed to know, according to the degree they've been awarded.  This is what happens when the business mentality takes over academia.  They are paying for passing, or paying to cheat to pass.  Dilution and stupidity has ruined degrees, and universities don't care, because they are making record profits and expanding on an unprecedented level.  So what can be done?  Fail these students!!  If they are not competent, then fail them.  This thing needs to be exposed for what it is.  But there's also anomalies.  The other was forced to sit through his IELTS exam, despite having a fluency in English that's better than most Australians.  It makes no sense.

Yikes!  I read that Fox News is the highest rated news source in America!  Oh my god!  Now everything makes sense!  Fox news is conservative opinion, nothing more.  There is no fact, there is no reporting, there is no real news.  No wonder so many Americans are misinformed about the world. 

I don't think I have anything else to say.  I still cannot believe it's only Thursday.  This week should be over already.

Why am I still here?

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus