Tuesday, January 19, 2010

You rock it four ways?

Hopefully should be starting a revolution and moving places with the other, but let's see how that pans out!

I have recently been turned on to the music of Kid Sister, and goddamn that stuff is fantastic! I've been meaning to get into some smooth hip hop as of late, but this is more electro hip hop. It has elements of house and I'm very happy about that. I think I'll buy her latest album, it is THAT good that I am willing to put my money on it. She's also a fox too, but that's not important.

The other day I got to chat with a former colleague over e-mail and we had a really interesting chat about racism. The content of the chat is not that important, nor groundbreaking, but it was really nice to converse with someone on the same intellectual level. I like to debate - though I have not done so in a long time!

Work is interesting to say the least! I have nothing to do. I've done all I can do, and now stuff is in the hands of other people, so I'm just sitting there on wikipedia for 70% of the day bored out of my mind! It would be easier if I was in a less central location and I could play some chess! I'm so out of practice, but it's not like I'm losing skill, since I was not all that crash hot to begin with. My new team is also not that welcoming. They tend to have their social conversations away from me, but that's all good. I guess they think I'm just a hard worker and not into that sort of stuff.

A while ago, the Chaser's War On Everything got in a lot of hot water regarding a song they made which listed people who had recently died, as well as their character flaws which were widely publicised when they were alive. I think we take it easy on the dead! People need to remember how people were, not the idealised picture of them, regardless of whether they are dead or not. Horrible statement here and case in point: nobody is defending Hitler (except Oliver Stone - you idiot). But it's because people remember him like he actually was, and HOPEFULLY mistakes of the past can be erased, though not forgotten.

Hmm I had a bit more to say, but I think I will leave that for the next entry! Have a nice day folks! Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus