Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Storm Has Passed, But It Is Getting Cloudy Again

From the start of things this year, things are not going well for this blog! 2 posts in for 2k10! I have a feeling it's going to be a slow year, but that's ok! We'll keep blogging till we're dead.

I'll also aim to get the other to post some time soon.

I have not been up to much, just work really. I'm looking forward to having the weekend to myself for a change, as my last few have been taken from me. I hereby proclaim today to be movies/guitar day! I hereby proclaim tomorrow to be games day!

That sounds good to me! I can't wait to relax.

T-Man has expressed an interest in meeting up next week, which should be good for the public holiday due soon, and the other should also be able to make it. Let's see if the planets can align for this one.

I have been getting a lot of ideas down and have started to layer some additional guitar lines over existing material. This has enabled me to use Adobe Audition's multi-tracking system, which needless to say, is ridiculously easy to use. Just need to get the other to pick up his guitar again!

I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but I have bought a pair of drumsticks. I was watching Lars Ulrich's previous performances and I like his sticks - they're black with white tips from the shoulder onwards. I bought myself a similar pair (though Lars uses Easton Ahead, mine were significantly cheaper). I have been enjoying the air drumming process, but it is a bane on my wrists, with nothing to hit against. However, I am looking to buy an electronic practice pad machine, which is damn awesome! Just need that and a keyboard (for piano of course), and I can start getting some ideas a little more fleshed out!

Yes yes, I know I said that I would update the Joaquin Rate List (JRL), I will get around to it soon!

For those that have been following us throughout the years, you would probably know that one of my pet hates is being accused of something that you didn't do, or something you're not even capable of doing. This idea hit home yesterday when I was visiting a friend. I guess I scared the hell out of some people! But I can look back with a laugh for now.

I heard an interesting statement when I was joking around with another friend the other day. I deliberately misquoted her and she said "I remember NOT saying that" - I've never heard it phrased that way. I've usually heard "I don't remember saying that". Instantly a factual issue arises. I don't remember saying that - it's implicit that what you've accused them of saying has some factual basis, as it is assumed that they have said something, they just cannot remember. Conversely, the other statement makes them prove that they did not say it. I just thought it was interesting how it flipped my mode of thinking for a change. Something to ponder over I guess!

That's it for now folks, have a nice day! Joaquin out.

PS I've also gotta give props to the other for introducing me to Google Chrome. We originally started using it for Google Wave, but as a browser, it is vastly superior to IE in every way. It also runs so much faster and doesn't chew up RAM. Good pick!
blog comments powered by Disqus