Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm Glad You Don't Know What I'm Thinking

I tell you what, there's NOTHING that compares to seeing the other and having a damn good jam session. Ideas flying all over the place and just sweet sweet melodies coming together. I am very inspired right now. Also had a chance to advance a little bit in our Army of 2 campaign. Fabulous game - the co-op mode is incredibly well done, though I would like to see a stealth mission soon. I had no idea guns were so expensive, nor that AK-47's were so cheap!! What a crazy market the black market is. Of course that's dependent on whether the prices in the game reflect real world prices.

I bought the Kid Sister album Ultraviolet. I'm happy as it was incredibly hard to find the other day!! I'm loving it so far! Buying an album with great songs - not just singles, is truly a unique feat in this day and age unfortunately. So when it does happen, I am incredibly happy.

I bought an electronic drum pad the other day, the Ashton something or other, and it goes well with my drumsticks! My arms are all dead from drumming like a mofo last night for like 2 hours, but amazingly enough, my guitar skills were wickedly good! I even got into an hour long solo jamming to Stevie Ray Vaughan's Texas Flood! My only gripe with the Ashton is the horrible foot pedals, the circuit keeps completing itself when I move my foot even slightly and hence I keep getting a bass drum beat when I did not want it to happen, however I suspect it will teach me a bit about controlling my feet. The response is not amazing, and as a result, I probably drummed hard and I am in pain. I even used a reverse grip and used my sticks butt end out, which I was still able to control nicely!

The other realised that all we require now is a keyboard and we have everything we need to start recording our tracks to resemble something professional. I cannot wait. Cause without the trace of conceit, I'd like to say that the other and I are damn good. Really good!

Got to hear some of the other's old songs and they were fantastic, and had elements of Third Eye Blind about it, which I'm sure the other will be happy to hear. I also unveiled my showpiece, which consists of about 12 chords in the one song, with a structure inspired by John Mayer's No Such Thing, and a turnaround very reminiscent of Bruce Hornsby's The Way It Is. The other was suitably impressed. Very jazzy chords and a wide pop feel.

I've floated the idea with the other of having an all out songwriting session soon. Can't wait to see what comes from that.

I had a look at guitars the other day and I have my eyes set on a Gibson ES-335, and I have to say that they play like a dream! But I love Maple necks so much, they are so smooth on the hands and are incredibly conducive to bending strings. However, even with a huge reduction on the price, I figured that it would not be fair on my Yamaha RGX, cause I spent an absolute crapload on it, and I have barely played it. I don't spend money like other people, so if I didn't drop the 1 thousand dollars on it, it would be in my bank account now earning interest, I would not have bought anything else with it. The guitar deserves my respect, and it is easily my best sounding guitar, so I should use it!

That's it for now folks. I need to relax my wrists and get some guitar recording on!
blog comments powered by Disqus