Tuesday, January 17, 2006

"You Cannot Hide From What's Inside"

Third Watch is really one of the most underrated Dramas to ever grace our television screens. Each episode is well acted, well written and packed full of enough action and tension to last an entire series! I really wish it had been given more credit than it got, but alas, the series has finished and I for one thoroughly enjoyed it (even though I did start late, so I may have to find the old eps).

I watched In The Name Of The Father again, a bit after 10 years since I first saw it actually! I have a new found respect for the movie and the acting. It's probably one of the most powerful films about injustice that you're ever likely to see in your life. Daniel Day Lewis is superb, and I love his acting style. I'd like to use his style of self involvement if I ever become an actor. I must catch more of his films to see this genius at work.

You know friends are usually picked based on looks. It's natural, we're genetically inclined to hang around with those with usually the same level of genetic attractiveness as us. I can't see how that should be right though. Does it give rise to a lack of morals/natural equality on a base genetic ground? You know what that means! That equality is a man-made concept! It's true, while we're still pre-disposed to thinking like that, it shouldn't be the basis of a friendship.

What I've noticed is that in religion it simply isn't enough for all of us to be good. It takes away the concept of good and evil. Someone has to be better than someone else. The saved over the sinners and what not. Humanity takes solace in knowing that some will go to hell, and that's more than a little sickening. There isn't forgiveness for all, so that really makes no sense. There's an ingrained sense of hierarchy, even when all the central tenets of all major religions are removed and it's scary. People should be equal in these kinds of things.

My poor fingers are scratched, ripped, chaffed and dry. Yesh, I have been getting insane amounts of guitar in lately. I've even had a few 10 hour practice sessions and they're a bit of up and down really. Sometimes I'm awesome, sometimes I just plain suck. I decided to put in a bit of flurry here so that I can become a guitar virtuoso sometime soon, just so I can make an instrumental called Joaquin's Trick Bag O' Crap! I have picked up the entire Harmonic Minor scale, and I want to make a classical piece soon. I also picked up Who Did You Think I was, by the John Mayer Trio and I tell you, at first it was quite tough because there are odd rakes and mutes and obscure flat picking/string skipping in places, but now I have it down and I'm happy. It gives me inspiration to write a funk/blues song with a brilliant riff. I've also been trying to learn some advanced Megadeth stuff (Marty's days of course), as well as the sheer insanity that is Cacophony's Speed Metal Symphony and it is not fun, not fun at all!! Neo classical is so cool, we need to add some of those elements to our music I tell you.

As mentioned, the Joaquin rate list has been updated, so for your viewing pleasure, check it out!! http://dropc.blogspot.com/2004/12/great-fun-to-be-around-you.html ! Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus