Friday, January 06, 2006

Roads Over Cars??

I am back to post again, this time I have to say that this post is a little sooner than my last break from posting. I have slept all day, yet I feel really tired. Hehe I think there is something wrong with my head, should go see Dr. House.

Firstly I have made a big dessission to leave MSN and move on to yahoo instead. I find the whole atmosphere more soothing, and its a hell lode faster than the bloody microsoft servers. This goes for their email aswell, much better design than the hotmail counterpart. So if any of you decided to use yahoo messenger, you can pm me and i will give you my yahoo id.

They need to invent a guitar that has adjustable actions. So the tuning is always right, and there can be settings for 3 other tuning. Now that would make life a lot easier, and much faster. Not that I dont like tuning a guitar, but its just a pain when you want to play around with the tunings.

This country needs to reduce the number of cars on the roads. It simply takes forever to get from one place to another. What are the methods that we can do this?? Simple increase the taxes. As it is Bangladesh has one of the highest tax rates on cars as it is, it seems a little harsh to increase the taxes so high in a low income country. Even WTO has denied Bangladesh the right to increase the taxes anymore than it is right now. But one thing is for sure the number of cars are increasing too rapidly for the roads. This is due to the fact that most people have a lot of black money and due to that, a lot more cars can be afforded. The black markets are whats killing our economy. The fact is that even if they were to increase the taxes, there is one major lack in our infrastructure that makes it impossible to do. What needs to be done is make the public transport a lot better than it is at the moment. If that is improved, and there is indeed enough good transport options, then people wont mind using them, and hence an increase of tax, and a subsidy on public transport would rectify the situation. Hmmm where are our economists, and why arn't they doing anything about it??

For now that is it, I will get back to a few more issue in the next edition, so keep your eyes pealed. Have a good one. Cheers...
blog comments powered by Disqus