Saturday, July 16, 2005

Oh, it's on for REAL cause I'm Rick James, bitch!!

Hahaha sorry, in-joke referenced for the title of this blog! So yes, the other was at my house for the past 2 weeks and a great time was had. We watched many a movie courtesy of the other's huge hard drive and our university's network. My personal favourite was probably 28 Days Later. It was bloody brilliant. Cillian Murphy is actually a gifted actor, and I hope he makes it big in America now after Batman Begins. I thought it was a horror movie, but it actually turned out to be a very human drama and suspenseful thriller. A must see if you ask me.

We also managed to watch the entire latest series of 24 (which has only just begun in Australia), over the course of 3 calendar days and dare I say that it's the best television show I've ever watched. The last series was such a disappointment, but even with no Elisha Cuthbert this time around, the series was a sheer delight to watch. There were also many a hot woman in the series to keep me occupied. We've also reached the conclusion that Jack Bauer is insane and he knows too much. I'm telling you, nobody can function at such an elite level for more than 2 minutes, let alone 24 hours!

Best quotes for the entire time were from Chappelle's Show - "I'm Rick James, Bitch". Which led the other to say to me "do you know who you look like?" to which I replied "who" and he said "Rick James, Bitch" and we collapsed on the floor laughing. Come to think of it, a lot of the time was spent in spontaneous bouts of laughter! I'm putting it down to the long hours of movies, gaming and food consumption and hardcore sleep deprivation.

The other has decided to throw in his Need For Speed Underground 2 towel ever since he purchased Gran Turismo 3 and had to actually learn how to drive a car that behaves realistically (as opposed to NFS, where cars can turn 90 degrees going 240 kilometres an hour). But his progress came along quite nicely and was able to eventually handle the F1 car which we won (even though the F1 is the easiest car to drive). But kudos to him anyway!

It also resulted in the funniest quote from the other - "I like it when I brake and the car slows down"! Pure hilarity I tells you.

The late nights/early mornings (depending on the way you look at it) also resulted in watching obscure couple competitions on the E! channel and paying out Kimi Raikkonen by impersonating his accent and saying all sorts of weird things.

We also managed to see Fantastic Four and War Of The Worlds on the same day (thank God for cheap Tuesdays). I was quite pleased that they didn't manage to totally butcher WOTW, but it was a total rush job. The Devilishly Concocted team of Dakota Fanning and Tom Cruise were probably the main factors in this movie being so very mediocre. Fantastic Four on the other hand was a delight to watch, and Jessica Alba in her underwear for 4 seconds was totally worth the price of the admission! Hahaha. The other and I then had to catch a bus using this new "flexibus" system at 11:30 at night from the biggest crime blackspot in our whole city. We didn't understand the new system, and if the bus didn't arrive, or if we went to the wrong platform, we'd have to walk home a good 12kms in below zero temperatures. Luckily the bus came, and since nobody else was on it, under the new system the bus stopped at my stop first, as opposed to it's usual last stop.

Ahhh so school next week! It should be good to see my old friends again. I shall blog again soon. Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus