Sunday, July 17, 2005

"The following takes place between 8am and 11am..."

Judging from the title of this entry, you can probably tell that I had my own 24/Jack Bauer moment today. It really was one of the craziest days of my life. Let me continue...

I was told that my parents had tentatively booked a flight back into town at 3:30pm. Knowing this, I had gone to sleep at 5am, but lo and behold, I was awoken by a call at 8am from my brother telling me that they got a morning flight and that I had to make my way to the airport ASAP.

After 3 hours of broken sleep, my brain was not functioning as it usually does, so I just decided to minimalise. I brushed my teeth, got changed and downed a can of Red Bull: MISTAKE! A can of Red Bull right after brushing one's teeth is something like drinking liquified rotting meat, if that's possible! However, the sheer disgust woke me up and I went out to the car. It was as soon as I let the car warm up that I realised that I needed petrol if I wanted to make it all the way out the airport and back. I headed down to the petrol station only to be confronted with a HUGE QUEUE! What the hell?! What are all these people doing up so early on a Saturday morning?! It took me 10 minutes to actually work my way over to the pump. After I paid I glanced at my watch and saw that I had 5 minutes until their plane arrived.

Ahh I should have taken some panadol for my flu symptoms in order to make it a true Jack Bauer moment.

Anyway, I got on to the main road and was then stuck behind slow moving traffic!! I live on the West side of town (big ups to mah Westsideeee peeps, haha I'm so sorry, I'll never do that again!), and the airport is on the absolute extreme East side. I did what I had to do. I drove like a man possessed. The roads were so bloody packed, it made no sense! I drove the way I do for things like video games, cutting off cars, reverse shunting, speeding UP blind hills. I figured that since I now have my full licence, that I can be given a bit more leeway if I get busted doing something highly illegal.

I arrived at the airport 10 minutes late, but luckily my parents had only just gotten off the plane, and it was all good. And I mean ALL GOOD. I walked up to my parents and this HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT girl was eyeing me and smiling at me the whole time. How could this be happening? I looked like a crack whore reject with the lack of sleep, and my parents were there. Why does this always happen when they're around?! It's to ensure that I cannot reciprocate in any way, damn this planet! I brought the car around to make our way out of the airport and I saw her again going through the pedestrian crossing and she was checking me out again!! Ahhhh, crazy day I say.

We got home and I had breakfast and then I slept till 5:30pm! If only I was a clubber *sigh*!

So there was my insane 24 moment. TICK TOCK TICK TOCK. (Even though the 24 clock is digital...).

If you'll excuse me, I have some time booked for les femme anomaly this afternoon and I must get my beauty sleep. I've been dying to wear my new winter outfit which I bought before my folks left, which I haven't worn at all, and I'll be damned if I'm going to waste 200 bucks on awesome clothes that don't get worn! Have a nice day folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus