Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Return

I now realize that sometimes things do return back to normal. Well actually its better than it used to be, but still in a sense back to normal. The other is back in town and we can now have jam sessions and gaming sessions like we always did. Except we're playing Fifa 09 instead of 05 and metal gear sold 5 instead of 2. Its good to see that some good things in life do return and not lost forever.

After moving into my new place (well, I've been here a couple of months now), thanks to the other, I now have furniture in the house. It’s quite cozy here and a good place to hang out in. I have a sore back but it’s a lingering pain from the day before and not one that started because of the moving. Its funny, one of my neighbors saw me moving furniture and asked "are you moving in?" That’s how well I know my neighbors; I've already been here for 2 months and never met her before. It must have something to do with the winter! I feel at home in this place and feel like I could stay in here for days without a complaint.

The day didn't start off as planned, but then turned out alright, so that was good. Thrifty decided to let me know this morning that the vehicle I had rented online for the move, was actually unavailable today! Great, now I have to find another Ute, when I already had such a hard time finding one! So I started calling all over town and in this small city, there was not a single Ute or truck available. Luckily Budget at the airport had a Ute that would be perfect for the mission. Greggles was kind enough to give me hand, so we drove down there and got it and got to the others place by 11 as planned. Sometimes things just work out and I'm glad it did. Greggles proved to the other and I that he had brilliant skills at furniture Tetris! He somehow managed to fit it all nicely into the back so that it was all secure. We did the entire thing in under an hour and we were off! I never thought that moving could be fun, but we had some fun today. Now that I think of it, I should have taken a picture of his brilliant work. He definitely is smarter than he looks :P. Thanks to both the guys for helping me out.
blog comments powered by Disqus