Sunday, June 21, 2009

Give me an introduction, you retard!

Haha, the other should remember the title of this blog, as it was at the start of his video performance when he was showcasing "Garage Song" for me. Without working on specific titles, when songs are WIP's, I give general titles like that, or what they sound like, as it makes them easy to remember for the time being, as it does invoke an emotion.

I've just realised that we are coming up on 5 years of this blog! That is an absolutely amazing feat! While posts have been lacking at times due to various factors, I think we have done reasonably well considering! Half a decade, wow, I can't believe it's been that long! It will be good to have the retrospective this year! I can still remember the previous retrospective! It doesn't seem like that long ago, but I guess that's because there's hardly been any posts from either of us.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I would address a few remarks made by the other in his car post, but upon reviewing his post, I have no idea what I wanted to address!!

Hmmm, note to self, address any outstanding topics or issues in the other's posts for blog retrospective.

Ahhh kids, on a few occasions you'll get the nicely behaved one who is willing to play and be quiet and you'll be praising their parent's ability to control their behaviour. But most of the time you'll get the rampant psycho who will be screaming and will be hitting you! The thing about that is that you can't discipline the child (even though I'm a staunch advocate of not hitting children), cause they will start bawling their eyes out (most of the time unwarranted), like you've just thrown a bowling ball at them!

You know who's underrated? Fleetwood Mac. Yeah, I said it, they're awesome! I hope Christine McVie rejoins them and they do a world tour! Speaking of, Jane's Addiction has re-formed (a fact the other pointed out to me) and they are touring down under! So woohooo! Go Navarro!!!

So yesterday was great! I had a grand time with the other and Greggles. The other has relayed most of it in his previous post so I will try not to cover old ground. Yes, there was brilliant furniture tetris style stacking, the likes of which cannot be replicated by anyone else! Teamwork played an important part throughout the day, and I learned that faulty graphics cards can be fixed by being cooked in an oven for a short amount of time, which I thought was absolutely insane! Reminded me of the golden time the other plugged an AV only playstation into an RF only tv using some tape, aluminium foil and a paper clip! Hahah how the hell we did not blow up a chunk of the house is still beyond me, but that was a great night!

But yesterday was also a grand day too! Moving furniture (who would have thought it could be so quick and fun), DFO lunches, building, re-arranging, gaming, it was surely a return to the old glory days! It was good to have some semblance of stability to return. I really enjoyed the setup of the other's place. It's a total media and relaxation centre in its own right! I am a big fan of the setup, the beds the couch, it's the ultimate crash palace. Can't wait to do a sleepover in the near future and just game till we pass out (with some tea to boot)! So some good standouts from last night include Guitar Hero World Tour! The drums were great, and the game engine has improved so much from previous versions. The song selection was also pretty amazing.

Army of 2 was also another great game! We got our asses handed to us, but it was still good fun to play! It really does add a lot to the teamwork ethos. Different to the co-op missions in Splinter Cell, which required a stealthy approach, this is all out killeration but some degree of tactics are required. Very interesting.

Metal Gear Solid 4 was absolutely insane!! I had no idea what was going on!! And me, the former king of MGS, and to a lesser extent, MGS2, got absolutely massacred after only a few minutes of gameplay! It looked amazing.

Fifa 09 was also amazing!! They've totally revamped the game engine, which I am proud that EA have done. Previously all EA titles played too arcadey and just had an air of impossibility about them, but now it is a cross between Pro Evo Soccer and what Fifa used to be, and it's a great balance that's just right. Unfortunately I lost the series, and the other had a great victory and some great goals.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue was sheer AWESOMENESS! It looked real, hands down, it was just real. I was in the car, I was ON the track. I loved it. Once I build up a bit more of a bankroll, I may have to invest in a PS3 and a hi-def tv. Of course has to be once I've trashed my bro's bed and I can set up my computer and get ADSL2+ again.

So as you've gathered from previous posts, I have joined another job, and it is with the public service, which is the thing to do in this town. It is odd, I have been doing a lot of odd jobs, which have nothing to do with my degree, but I am happy as my last job did not afford me to do jobs like that, and if we did, we were reprimanded for it. But I am starting early, and I am leaving early, and I have flex time saved up, and I am getting home at decent hours!! I am enjoying it, all except for the bloody cold!! I also don't think they have the same zest that we did in the private sector, but I guess these guys are much older and are quite jaded, but they are enjoyable in small doses.

I am a huge fan of cranberry juice, definitely my second fave juice after orange juice. Just thought I'd add that in, since I stopped to have some as this post is massive. It's good, as I hope I can return with some monster posts in the near future, it feels good, it feels right. And I have things to say (haha well not really, but that's ok)!

As I've mentioned before, I have been playing Swat 4 and Fifa 2004 on my old comp as my comp currently does not have a home. In a previous post I'm sure I mentioned that I set up this insane, near impossible mission, involving 40 suspects, all armed to the teeth, with resilience and intelligence way up. I've only finished that mission a handful of times, usually always at the cost of my entire team, and me being seriously injured by the end. It's good, because I thought with that mission I would try something different, cause in the regular story mode you have to follow Swat protocols to succeed. However, this mission is different, because the suspects will not surrender under any circumstances, even if ambushed from behind. This way you are forced to unlearn all the previous training and missions and just take out as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. There is no time for tactics, and it's quite an exciting mission.

With Fifa, I remember when I started career mode, I was too shit for most leagues, so only the Scottish league would take me, and I started with Aberdeen. Such a great team! I managed to make things work. But as soon as I had the money, I made the biggest mistake of my life, I bought Alessandro Del Piero, and Ronaldo! They became my strikers, and after that it wasn't about the enjoyment or building up players, it was about scoring double digits in a match. This was exacerbated after that season when I moved to Man U and started buying entire teams of unbeatable players. After going to another club, I would just buy my old team across if they were willing to transfer. I've decided that after next season, I'm going to go to like the Mexican league, pick the worst team and just have some fun with it! I can't wait!

Anyway, it's been fun, and this has been massive! I should call it here. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus