Monday, March 26, 2007

Little Lies

I didn't even realise that we've passed 365 posts! But that's a great effort, and props to the others!

After reading the other's brilliant post, I've realised that I too, am in the crap heap. I have exactly 15 days to finish 3 assignments. One is a 400 word report, easy enough. The other two are a 2000 word legal essay, and the other is a 2500 word legal opinion essay! That is not cool. So much like the other, I must also bunker down and get my butt in gear for the work ahead. Hopefully I can finish off that report tomorrow and get started on the other stuff. I usually do up templates and stuff whenever I get an assignment, it makes me feel better cause it feels like you've actually accomplished something, even if it is superficial.

I've also realised that within that 15 day period I must also send out job applications. This would be alright, since I spent the last few weeks doing up a very nice CV for myself. The problem is bloody cover letters and answering selection criteria, it's such a huge strain on time it's not funny. Coming in the middle of assessment period, it's seriously a kick to the head. Interesting really. It's like uni, I didn't know what I want to do, and I still don't, and here I am in my final year of studies. Now it's crunch time and we're sending out job apps to whoever the hell we can possibly try out for, since it's more about probability, if you keep sending out things, you're bound to get an interview sooner or later. However, that takes away even the mere possibility of getting something you actually want, since most of the time it always comes down to so many people wanting so few positions. And this is most likely to decide where we spend the next 40 years of our lives. It's pretty crap isn't it?

I've picked up a nasty habit. Nope, nothing contraband, but damn I went to a careers fair last week and a place gave out lip gloss. It's nothing too exciting, it's the usual vanilla flavour/smell but damn I am hooked!!! I keep sniffing it, I'm even too scared to use it for fear that it'll disappear eventually! I'm also smelling the lil tote bag the Attorney-General's Human Resources Department gave me, it's that highly processed plastic smell that too is also very addictive.

Ahh 15 days, crunch time. I can do this!!! However, it will also mean a lack of posts from me for a while, but don't worry, I'll be back with a vengeance soon enough! Stay out of trouble people, until next time!
blog comments powered by Disqus