Sunday, March 18, 2007

Far Away In The Next Room

The reign of terror is over! Hooray! Ferrari are again reigning supreme, and Kimi Raikkonen is in a car that can deliver the goods! Too bad for Alonso, it's all over and dare I say it's about bloody time! Mark Webber, Webber, Webber, how awful. His career is over dare I say. Made a stupid move, should have gone to Renault, Red Bull was only downwards. But props to Raikkonen, and a very curious eye on this Lewis Hamilton! What an excellent drive from a rookie, he has a bright future ahead of him. However, I am lamenting the brutal downfall in Williams, even though they can beat Toyota (their manufacturer), they are nowhere near their dominance of 10-12 years ago.

Week 5 coming up so I'll be getting into the swing of things assessment wise. Aiming to get all my stuff done before the mid semester break because I'll be in Sydney for a while and I won't be able to do any of my damn work for an entire week (which happens to be the week before everything is due)! I'll do my best though.

I had block cheese tonight for the first time in agesssss and I love it! Haha I remember the last time I did that, was like the 2nd last time my folks were overseas and I was watching Nigella Bites and I was feeling a bit peckish, so I was cutting bits of cheese and putting mustard on it! How student like! It was good.

I played Medieval 2 Total War last night (the gold demo) on it's lowest settings and it still looked amazing. Last time I only had the regular demo and played on the auto detect settings and it almost killed my computer. With the lowest settings however, it ran fine!!! I did all the historical battles and won them on the first try (Otumba, Pavia and Agincourt). However the first run on Agincourt had an issue where we were attacked from behind and I sallied Henry V backwards to face a cavalry charge head on (he was dismounted) and he was the first one killed! But I did do better the second time around. That's got me thinking, after RTW BI is over I think I may buy the second hand limited edition from the local games place of MTW2. I already have the first MTW downloaded, but we'll see what happens with that. This all of course has to happen during the midst of the assessment "goodness", not to mention trying to think of an Honours topic AND job applications. Crap, so much stuff to do, I better get around to it soon or I'll be screwed!! With more money I can buy more games! And better stuff in general!

Was at the other's on Thursday playing co-op Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and by god, it was truly awesome. Never before has co-op actually meant co-op. The linked team maneouvers were awesome, and many a "tomo-nagi" was had! I can't wait to play some more actually!

Went to Drop D for a bit to learn some Trivium songs, then I just had to go the whole nine yards and now I'm currently back in DADGAD, and I actually composed a proper piece in it! I feel so proud, it also sounds pretty damn good.

Well I'd better start making some headway on the assessment trail so I can post some more soon enough, however I will be busy for most of this week, but hopefully I'll be here. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus