Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It used to be a small town

I have finally finished exams and I am out for the year! It feels good. Once again, many apologies but I studied like a maniac and I was very well prepped for my exams so it was damn well worth it. Let's hope the marks reflect that.

The other has left us for his regular overseas jaunt and I think he's living it up. I don't know how much though, since I am in possession of the other's guitar! It's good practice, high gauge high tension strings, and a huge ass dreadnaught body, it's like trying to play a cello in a guitar position! It's helping my playing a lot in terms of technique.

So now that I'm done, I'm hoping to carry out a lot of Rome Total War! I have quite close to taking over Rome, I've done the 50 provinces easily, but the entire world map is going to be another issue. I keep having financial difficulties, and have to deal with a lot of uprisings, but it's a very enjoyable game.

Went to the new shopping precinct in town and I was let down horribly! It is a dreary place to be and I actually felt claustrophobic and a little suicidal when I walked in, cause the architecture is horrible and it feels like a really isolating place. How this plays into consumerism I don't know, as shopping is meant to have the opposite effect on people.

But the more I thought about it, it hit me that my town is changing for the worse. Over the past 20 years everything has just gone downhill (kinda like a few of my towns in RTW) and growth is just rampant, but societally speaking, it cannot be handled. Crime is on the rise, and the commercial sector in town is just swallowing up what's left of decent society. It really sucks. I actually feel like leaving, and considering I love this place (and the other and I are probably the only ones in our age group that do), it's not a good realisation. It's really a good microcosm of society and globalisation really, just a swimming mass of faces spending up, and no semblence of humanity.

On that post modern existentialist take, I shall now leave, however I will be back for regular updates, cause I'm 22 and I'm on holidays (bitches)! But I have a lot of stuff planned for the next couple of days so don't expect anything substantial. Also say a few prayers for my little baby (the bear), who is finally being patched up after 27 years of life! I don't know how I'm going to survive 2 weeks without her, it's going to be some tough nights I tell you. Anyway, have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus