Thursday, November 23, 2006

Go Your Own Way, Or Tell Me Lies

Hello everyone! Only 3 days since the last post and this one! I think I'm getting better in my holiday slackness. Last night the S Meister and I saw The Prestige. It was probably the best time to see it because college folk and high schoolers are still at school so we had the cinema to ourselves basically and it was gold, I hate teenagers! Anyway, I wasn't TOO hellbent on seeing this film, but it was the best thing that was on at the time and I was pleasantly surprised! It wasn't my choice, cause S Meister had to sit through my bad pick of Silent Hill a few weeks ago. The Prestige is extremely well acted, and the crazy ass time shifting narrative was well handled. I enjoy being surprised like that, even though the S Meister and I figured out the ending only 40 mins into the film which wasn't so nice! It reminds me of one time in High School we missed out on seeing something when we arrived to the movies late so we wound up watching A Perfect Murder which was excellent, in fact I'm sure it was better than the movie we were intending to see. So lesson to learn? Expect the unexpected. It was incredibly enjoyable. Oh yes, and also to make the most of this 2 week period before teenagers take over society and I'm stuck in my house.

The weather isn't as bad as it used to be, or maybe it's different cause the fans have been moved back upstairs, and I have made the change from trakkies to boxer shorts so I'm cooler, and footloose and fancy free, it feels good!

I overslept like a mofo today which was a bit strange, cause I didn't even go to bed late last night/this morning. I don't even remember my alarm going off in order to turn it off and go back to sleep! I also put it down to having the strangest dream about one Emma Watson (aka Hermoine from the Harry Potter movies). This is incredibly odd, as I have never watched a Harry Potter movie, nor have I read any of the books. In my dream, for some reason the people from Harry Potter were in my town, and I had to show Emma Watson around town. This was interesting, as going around, nothing looked familiar, I could tell at the time that it was a mashup of various suburbs and landmarks but I didn't say anything. After that we went shopping and she didn't have enough money, so I had to buy her a dress. This was even weirder as we were walking in circles in this shopping precinct and I'm DEAD certain that I have not even been to a place which even remotely resembles this place, which makes me wonder where my subconscious picked it up. It was funny cause for an even stranger reason we were taking public transport, which makes me think why I did not use my own car to transport a celebrity around! Cause we were just gawked at by everyone. This didn't help since we were getting chummy (and NOT in a freakin' Joaquin is going to jail way thank YOU very much)! I also think it was a similar place to one I dreamt of a few nights ago, where I was arrested for trespassing, and while evading police I got a senator who my dad knows to act as my counsel! Haha how strange is that?? Crazy ass mind I tell you.

Marks tomorrow!!! I am sooo not looking forward to it, but I've done all I can, however I am still left with the feeling that I could have done more. Ahh holidays have been on for a while but I have been oh so very slack, I need to start my movies/tv show watching ANDDD guitar practice! But I have just been watching Quizmania and playing Rome Total War most nights! All the foreign faction lands have been taken, now I just have to initiate the civil war (after I have built up all my remaining lands to a sufficient rate to withstand a barrage of attacks) and see where I can go. I just hope there's enough time for everything.

I have spoken to the other, and he says that he shall blog soon, so keep an eye out for that one! In today's edition of Fly, there was a band on the cover, 2 members of which I went to college with! I can tell you right now that the other and I are better than them, cause we are just damn damn damn good. I don't think you realise how good we are, sheeit, I sound like Kanye don't I? Well in our case it's justified! I also must make some time for Les Femme Anomaly, I've only seen her a few times at uni this sem and it wasn't enough. It's holidays damn it!

ANNNND! As requested, here is the latest update for the Trademarked, Copyrighted and Patented Joaquin Rate List (JRL) haha feels like SPQR (in joke for lovers of history). Speaking of which, I LOVEEE RTW! I have read over so many ancient warfare battle tactics on wikipedia, that I am basically unbeatable!! God bless the battle of Cannae and Hannibal's double encirclement, I also used some of Scipio Africanus' micromanagement strategies from the battle of Zama to brutal effect when greatly outnumbered in perhaps the greatest crushing victory of all time! Sorry, distracted there for a bit! Where was I? That's right, the Joaquin Rate List has been updated, and I've had this one sitting in the pipeline for many months (for which I apologise, I know I've been quite slack about it). However, I'm quite sure that it will be the last one for while (come on, how many attractive women are there in the world)?! Remember folks, the list can be found at:

http://dropc.blogspot.com/2004/12/great-fun-to-be-around-you.html

That's it for today people, hope you enjoyed the monster update and have a nice day (haha you should hope I sleep in more so that I can blog more often)!
blog comments powered by Disqus