Monday, November 27, 2006

It's Driven Me Before...

Ahh holiday slackness, how good art thou?? Well not too much, because I'm not sleeping properly, and I'm getting wayyy too much screen time. As such, it's prompted me to move my screen refresh rate from 60hz to 75 and they feel better which is grand because the red eyes of death have been appearing again!! My eyes look brown and red, quite horrific really.

I have resolved to watch 2 movies on my External HD tonight!! Finally, getting holiday stuff done! I got in a good round of guitar practice the other day, and those Steve Vai exercises really work a treat, although I did forget some of the finger positions so I was struggling for a bit there. Speed and accuracy have returned! Even to the monster 14 gauge (shotgun) strings that are on the other's acoustic.

Marks came out the other day and I'm happy. Not overly joyed but happy none the less and so are the parentals, so that's good enough for me.

I saw the cleverest clip the other day. It's by David Vendetta and it's a dance remix of Donna Summer's Love To Love You Baby. It's actually better than your standard night club rave fare in terms of dance music. Anyway, in the clip it's your standard dance visuals, people dancing as sillhouettes as well as the DJ, then it gets to the bridge where it slows down and Summer's vocals come in and there are 2 girls dancing together in their underwear, then the bridge ends and it goes back to normal and I thought it was so well done I couldn't help but shake my head because the time signature just shifts out of nowhere and I love it.

The heat so far hasn't been TOO brutal, I fear I have gotten used to it as I actually felt cold last night. I listened to White Shadows by Coldplay and I must say the interplay between the guitar, bass and drums works so well (you know which bit I'm talking about if you've heard the song), but the rest of the song just falls so flat on it's face that it just irks me. It could have been such a good song, sigh!

Props go out to the S Meister for the full stack of Lisa Loeb songs I have been given. My LCD Monitor is cooking!! I guess I better make it quick, I've been on for a while. I have been RTWing. I decided to make 2 saves, and as such I have started the Civil War, and I have taken Rome. That was simple as I wiped out the SPQR's army first before I attacked the city in my own version (not as good) version of Cannae. I had infantry in echelon formation, just stationary, sent the cavalry around the flanks and destroyed the rear of their army (including their generals) and then rushed them to close the "circle" with the infantry in brutal fashion! I love it. Unfortunately, my save at that early point was at a stage when most of my provinces weren't self sufficient (my other game is trying to build up cities so that all are self sufficient before I can attack) so nothing much is happening there. Anyway, on the Civil War save, I am now plunging deeper into debt each turn, so I can't replace troops or make new ones, which means I have to take cities with depleted armies (which I have never tried before). However my defensive siege tactics are awesome. In old games I have been butchered while sallying out, but this time I got my queue from the movie Troy. Archers on the walls, all infantry outside of the castle in a straight line and cavalry around the back to take out commanders and force them into the infantry line to be chewed out. I really need to stop talking about that game but it's so damn addictive and good.

Anyway, that's it for today folks, have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus