Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Only Hearing Negatives...

What a quick turnaround, small businesses would be proud of me! Hahaha! Not a hell of a lot to say today though.

My resolution actually came good last night and I watched Red Eye and Crash. Both AWESOME AWESOME movies. Red Eye was brilliantly acted, Rachael McAdams is a very capable dramatic actress and once again, the sublime Cillian Murphy blew me away with his flawless technique, he is just a joy to watch. Crash, WOW, what a brutal movie, I have to say it is one of the more important films made in recent history. Ryan Phillipe's acting has come a long way since Cruel Intentions. I think it thorougly deserved the Best Picture Oscar last year, and all this talk about Hollywood being homophobic is unwarranted, Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger's acting abilities were not enough to carry Brokeback Mountanin's message across and it simply did not deserve to win.

I think for tonight's viewing I shall enjoy Into The Blue and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (which I have been meaning to see for ages)! I'm also watching the Chaser's War On Everything from the first ep (cause I didn't start watching it till mid season through) and it's quite good.

If you have been reading the Joaquin Rate List (JRL), then you'll know that a fair few OC actresses have made it on, which you would consider strange as I have slandered the show since it's very beginning. However, now that Mischa Barton's character has died, I have watched it, and not only that, I have enjoyed it immensely. I do like it, I have turned to the dark side I know, but I think that it's gotten better since MB's character has left as I could not stand her. Don't get me wrong, the acting is horrendous and it's so horrifically teen cliched that it makes me want to wretch but it's a bit of fun. If I'm home I'll watch it, if I miss it I won't cry over it.

I also had the opportunity to start viewing Season 2 of Prison Break (I finished episode 6), and I must say WOW, I didn't think they could keep up the intensity of the 1st season, but they have and not only that, they have surpassed it and the ensemble cast are really coming into their own. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season!

Also had some verrrry interesting news from university, but as soon as it's confirmed I shall let the rest of you in on it. That's it for today folks, have a nice day!
blog comments powered by Disqus