Saturday, July 29, 2006

The Beggar Must Pay For Mercy, But What If Juliet Lives Behind Me?

I apologise profusely (that seems to be all I do in my entries) for the lack of updates from me lately. As you were informed in my last post, I returned from Melbourne after that legal competition and it was just bloody insane. It was a 6 day straight party and after I got home I had to detox for a few days before I could actually function and then school came and then guess what? I got sick! The other will remember how deathly ill I was last year at this time when he was staying here. I actually had the same thing and I am on the same medication but I'm feeling much better now.

I was going to write an entry about the "Sexual Assault" in Big Brother but the whole thing has blown over now and it would just be a waste of my awesome talent. I welcome Golfer Shib aka Jester to this wonderful blog.

Melbourne is nuts, I hate big cities. They're the best/worst places for feeling isolation head on. The city has no curves! It's all done in perfect squares and rectangles, every edge of the city looks the same no matter where you are! I had to take a grand tour at 2am one morning when we got lost on the wrong side of the river...The competition went well and although we didn't win (we lost to the eventual winners) we did do the best that our university has ever done so I'm happy with that. I'm just glad to be home, it was a long 6 days and I don't remember much of it.

My timetable this semester is a tad whacky, and I'm going to see if I can change some stuff around so I can get more sleep ins and spend less time at uni. Oh where are my manners?! I also welcome the other back to the country after his Magical Mystery Tour (haha I couldn't think of anything else to call it).

Will my love for you still be strong after the boys of summer have gone? Well I don't know, since that doesn't make any sense. Guitar wise I have been wising up to Eric Johnson's Desert Rose (learning the flowing bit in the first solo when he's spewing 16th notes at will) and I'm getting much better with co-ordination as in changing patterns with irregular time signatures and sight reading now. Also experimenting with Flamenco with some of Rodrigo y Gabriela's Tamacun, it's a very fun track to play but I need an acoustic to play the outro properly. I also need one so I can stop hurting myself myself doing triplet strums from the wrist (electric guitars aren't forgiving on contact with soft skin and bone).

It's an old song but I only just heard it for the first time the other day, but I really love Lisa Loeb's Stay. I even wasted 10 minutes in learning the song on guitar (which is sad I know considering I like to learn and play hard stuff just to show off) but there's just something addictive about that riff and the 3 chords that flow through that song. I also enjoy The Strokes new song "You Only Live Once". Addictive rhythm (the uglier guitarist plays a palm muted E5 throughout). On that note, Death Cab For Cutie have to be THE ugliest band ever. No wonder they're emo, they can't get any action with faces like THOSE.

That's it for now, I have some work to do throughout the weekend. But as the other is back on campus and I should be seeing him more you can look forward to more updates (yes the Joaquin rate list has an update due some time soon). Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus