Saturday, April 03, 2010

Weird Musings In A Capitalist Haven

I'm just weirded out over how comfortable my new bed is. I don't ever want to leave it in the morning (well the afternoon, since it's a break and I'm getting up past midday).

I've never had one so comfortable before! What a difference to your life it makes! I didn't like my old bed (the other's current bed) because it was so low to the ground, and I kept cutting my calves with the corners! It was brutal! But I did enjoy being in it.

The other brings up a good point. People who just buy into Apple products cause it's the "hip" thing, without really understanding the mechanics of anything, or shopping around for something that they might find easier to use, or more beneficial to their lifestyle, or cheaper and with more options! The other used the point of the iPad and I think it's quite apt. My housemate is of the same ilk, he'll buy it but only cause it's Apple. He doesn't really need one or anything like that. That's the problem, if people have the money, they'll spend it how they like.

Haha, the other's comments on my previous post were spot on. Those were some damn good days. We had the bottom of the house to ourselves and friends when needed. Or we would just be upstairs at one of the house so we wouldn't annoy the other's folks. Classic times! Playing cricket across 2 ends of the house - one game resulted in a smashed light fixture from T-Man's aggressive batting. Playing soccer on the grounds of the Lodge, waiting to be arrested by Security. Haha I even remember a week where we did not go to school, we just stayed up all night making Super Milo mixtures, and playing Syphon Filter. I remember the 2nd mission, in the park at night defusing chemical bombs. The other was phenomenal in guidance and in taking out those pesky bosses. Haha then there was the all night game sessions in the spare room, which I'm sure I've blogged about before and will not cover again.

I'd like to have those days back again please. The other was right, focusing too much on work, it's not good. You have to make time for others in order to enjoy your time with them!

Ahhh Final Fantasy, I'm glad the other is enjoying it. Square just know how to make bloody good games. This was in stark contrast to Uncharted (1 and 2). It was made by Naughty Dog! These are the same mofos who made Crash Bandicoot (fun but not really engrossing). I'm just amazed they were able to turn out such a fine piece of brilliance in Uncharted. FFs are an entirely wonderful experience. I remember putting in well over 100 hours for BOTH FF7 and FF8. Well worth it I say.

My housemate has an XBox 360, so I'm trying to get up in some of that gameage, as well as my original Xbox which I have setup. Ahh let's not forget the ridiculous amount of PC gaming I have to do too!

Easter, what an odd time. Shops closed yesterday. But today EXTREMELY busy. I really dislike the holiday atmosphere during these times. It's like people don't appreciate it - well that's odd reasoning coming from a Christian, and aimed at people who probably aren't religious. But it seems like capitalism strikes again. Sales all over the place, people spending money on things they don't really need.

Such is life I guess.

That's it for today folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus