Friday, April 02, 2010

Final that fantasy...

As a teenager there seemed to be so many rules. Rules that we created and rules that were created for us by our friends. So eager to box ourselves to some form of definition. I like 'rock' music and anything else is just crap. So damn close minded just so we can find unity in diversity. Everyone thinks that they are "individuals" but they are just like everyone else in their little niche. I remember those days and hell I'm glad I'm not that close minded, at least not anymore. I figured that most people grow out of this sort of behavior when they get older. Unfortunately there are people who in their older age never get over their insecurities and feel the need to still clutch this idea of who they are. Completely defined by someone elses definition. Like a horse with blinkers, they can only see one thing. Its a shame, because they are not willing to let themselves enjoy a whole lot of other stimuli that is oh so good! Its sad, but this is usually very true with most gamers. They are not willing to try out anything that might be slightly different.

Final Fantasy XIII is probably one of the most beautiful games that is out there at the moment. It is visually stunning and the story line doesn't disappoint. Its a massive game and who know how long it will take to finish it, but I'm going to enjoy it for every hour that I play it. There were a whole bunch of people who told me that I shouldn't play it because it is so "linear." These gamers are not willing to give the game a shot because it doesn't fit their idea of what a Final Fantasy game should be like. To be honest they have made a fantastic game that works perfectly and doesn't have to be exactly like its predecessors. Its better than several of the more recent releases. I'm not going to do a game review here, mainly because I can't wait to get back to the game at the moment. So if you can be a little bit open minded, give the game a go, you'll probably have more fun than is legal.

On another note, there are some idiots that work at Sony. Yesterday they released an update for the ps3 firmware. All it does is remove the other os option in the older ps3s. I have one of those, and it really annoyed me today. Not that I ever use the other os option, I have tried it once. I have it there in case I ever bother to use it for something. So they took it out, that's fine (though their rational is as bad as the Qualcomm's April Fools Joke ( http://mashable.com/2010/04/01/butterfly-attack-2/ ) (for some reason people think its really good, I think its a horrible effort and people must be bloody gullible). So this firmware removes the Other Os option but it doesn't revert space allocated for the system back to the ps3 through the update, this has to be done manually. What this meant for me was to format a partition on my external hard drive in Fat32, back up the PS3, format the entire hard drive, restore the files and then update the firmware. So I just had to do a whole lot of work to LOSE functionality of my ps3. This is just sad and pathetic. Next time Sony decide to release a new firmware, it better have something good in it. At the moment I'm feeling a lot of anger for my ps3. Its a good thing that I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII on it, otherwise I might have just defenestrated my ps3. Man at Sony, pull your finger out and do something worthwhile!
blog comments powered by Disqus