Monday, August 31, 2009

Blinded by the darkness

Yes I know! The weekend passed and I did not blog. I also did not update the JRL.

However, I shall make amends for that soon. The JRL update shall come later. For now, you just have to be satisfied with the following!

So Google recently caved into a Court's demand to name a blogger who called a model a "skank". Luckily the final result went off relatively without a hitch (you will need to read up on this if you have no idea), but the whole idea that freedom of anonymity can just be reduced to nothing by Google is just an incredibly disturbing precedent. Especially given the power that Google now wields. I remember a few years ago, the other showed me a mock presentation which showed how Google slowly took over the world in some scary scifi movie like way - harking back to Skynet in Terminator or something like that! It was scary as hell, and now their power is limitless. The fact that they are willing to compromise basic principles of decency shows just how spineless and unreliable they can be, and this does not bode well, as they could have just fought this with all their power.

Hmmmmsies. Enough from me today. JRL update later this week!

I watched Paycheck (good but ending was a letdown), and Picnic at Hanging Rock (AWESOME AND DISTURBING) on the weekend and was nicely impressed. Anyhow, that's it for now. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus