Friday, December 15, 2006

The Revisionist Legacy

I am in such a good mood. Next year I have only three classes for the first semester and only two exams. Second semester I only have 2 classes and one exam, things are going to be sweet but oh so hard. They're my hardest classes, and on top of that I will be doing an Honours paper so things shall be interesting. But I'm still flying high, I can't wait!

Stupid cricket!! Because of it, tv gets screwed up on one channel and Quizmania gets delayed, which is not cool on a Nikki night!

So I was wrong, oh so very wrong. I thought I'd made my last update to the Joaquin Rate List for a while, but oh no! I have 5 more names to put in, but don't worry, the #1 will never be replaced (I don't think so anyway).

The other day, I was being driven around to a place near my university, behind the shopping centre for that area, a place I have not visited since childhood. Anyway, immense change has occurred in the area. It actually looked a lot better than previously. I don't think it was a response to residential development, because the area is quite old and hasn't grown, but the commercial sector there has always been quite stable. Much better than the change in the city centre (which I have posted about previously). Makes me want to sing Justin King's Change actually. The lyrics are quite appropriate, but I suggest you get the song.

I was watching Nip/Tuck the other day (a show I realised is awesome, and thus must go back to the start and watch all the eps), and someone on the show mentioned that beauty exists to preserve the species.

I whole heartedly agree, it's the perfect concept of survival of the fittest in action. This concept is being pushed by the media inherently. What makes society civilised then? If we push magazines not to publish things alluding to that, then do we put our survival at risk? I think I had a lot more to write, but everything escapes me now so that's it for the day. Have a good one folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus