Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"I Don't See It That Way"

Oh my god, it has been 12 days since my last post!! I apologise whole heartedly. I have been meaning to post though, but with the 30+ (celsius) temperatures everyday, it seems like a bit of a hassle, that and the tv/movies/gaming that I have been carrying out for the vast majority of my waking hours.

Got myself a portable MP3 player. It's a Samsung YHJ-70L, so I have 30 gig to fill up with music, pics and movies and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it! Finally, I'll no longer have to keep switching CD's at uni or burning CD's for that purpose, yay!

I was going to talk a little bit more about the race riots in Sydney a few weeks ago, but I have decided to leave that one for a later post because I think it will take a while, and time is something I don't have a lot of right now.

I have finally finished GTA: San Andreas! About bloody time too, considering all the time I have put into it. But alas, even though all the missions are done, I am only about 70% done on my completion scale, so there's still a long, long way to go yet. However, that hasn't stopped me on my random killing sprees, where I just roam about town shooting anything that moves, so cathartic.

What's awful about these holidays is that I have no time!!! I haven't even read anything, and I feel so guilty about that. That's compounded by the fact that I still have a hell of a lot left to go in The Fountainhead, and I think it's been about 7 months since I last picked it up!! I don't even know what the book is about anymore! I'm not even writing songs!!! That's shocking I tell you, my holidays are being wasted so badly. I have some new rhythm parts done, and a few lines of lyrics here, but nothing substantial, and I think I got the wrong adapter, so I can't plug my guitar into my soundcard yet. But people, I am loving 5.1 surround sound!! Even at night, when I can't listen to music loudly, the new headphones are working just a treat!
Don't fret though, the other may be legally dead according to the lack of his blog entries, however, he is still writing songs and sending me his stuff now and then.

Gaah, that means that with this year coming to a close really fast, that I have to get so much done in January. That probably means I won't be able to go overseas in January, but that may be ok.

I have also finished Lord Of The Rings: The Battle For Middle Earth, for those not familiar with it, it's a strategy game, much in the same vein of Warcraft, C&C etc. but much simpler. The battles are on a massive scale, and there's barely any micromanagement, so it's easy for a beginner to pick up and play. I have played it almost solidly for the last 2 months, for about 4-5 hours a day, and it was a real treat. Even if you're not a fan of the movie, or strategy games, I think it is still worth a look in. So awesome, it almost killed me, but I did it!

Gabrielle Boyle is back from her holidays and is also doing weather duties on local news, so I am absolutely ecstatic!! She's even better looking than before, which I didn't think was possible. The rest did her a world of good!

So the wealthiest man in Australia died a few days ago. Kerry Packer was worth about 6-7 billion Australian dollars (personally) and now all the tributes are flowing in for him. I know there is a certain respect etc, with being dead and what not, but the guy was a tyrant! Most of the tributes regard charity and such, but when you're so rich that you can afford to give millions of dollars away, it really amounts to nothing percentage wise of his total income. On average, ordinary people give a lot more to charity than he does. He challenged regulations that were there to protect small media operators, and since he was friends with the Government (and not to mention contributed a hell of a lot to their campaign funds), got them changed to favour him, and in the process, drove a lot of other people out of business and also resulted in the dreaded convergent media effect, where one person owns a lot more of the media, which means that you will get less varied opinions on news and what not, and things become single sided. He also had the balls to challenge a Senate inquiry into his attempts to take over another company (when there were restrictions at the time stopping him from doing so). In a perfect world, he should have been held on parliamentary contempt. Not just that, he was also a nefarious tax dodger. He only paid about 15 cents to the dollar of any other person in the country. This is ridiculous. I don't care if he's dead, we should all dance on his grave and look forward to the day when James Packer runs the company into the ground (which we know he will), and the wealth can hopefully return to the people, where it belongs.

There have been 6-7 murders in our city this year. That is like a huge increase, since we're only used to 1, maybe 2 at the most in one year. What's happening, we're turning into LA! What's even worse is that most of them are unsolved. I don't think our local police force is equipped enough to handle these sort of investigations, especially since we're a town of only 350,000. I also know the son of one of the victims, this just adds a whole new dimension to everything. I hope there isn't a serial killer about, because the police are offering no clues as to anything.

Oh well, that's enough food for thought for now. I'll update a bit more frequently hopefully!! Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus