Friday, October 23, 2009

Whore in the house

I still don't feel like posting the second part of the blog intro/retrospective. However, I have taken today and Monday off work, so I have a 4 day weekend. On that basis, I will attempt to post that sometime over the next few days.

I thought I should also explain the point of my "got to put it up for the westside westside" statement before dem gangstas be shootin' me yo'. Hahha well in high school music, we had a drum kit in the room, unfortunately, only 3 people could play the drums so it was not used often. One guy used to warm up with some nice hip hop beat, just the snare, bass drum and high hat and he just started adlibbing the line "gotta put it up for the westside, westside" and it just sounded spectacular! Ahhh how I wish I could go back now that I'm a genius at guitar, and I'm capable of playing the drums too!

In an interesting turn of events, I tried to log in to blogger a little while ago and I kept getting error messages. A meltdown I say! Haha it's ok, they were probably having some site maintenance or something. I've never had a log in error here before, so I just thought it was weird.

On Mythbusters during season one, Adam and Jamie set about proving whether the Brown note was true or not. For those not in the know, the brown note is a frequency where, if aimed at someone, will cause them to empty their bowels. They found that it was a myth. However, I think the experiment they used was flawed. Adam was outside, with speakers aimed at him. There was plenty of space for the noise to escape. For those of you who have played guitar, you might have had an experience where you've hit a note and your insides just shake. I think it is due to the sound actually resonating against your body, with no room for the soundwaves to escape. It's like being in a club where the bass is making your chest cavity bounce.

I finally got around to finishing Call Of Duty World At War! It sucked royally. It was nowhere near as good as modern warfare. However the Nazi Zombie game at the end is quite novel and I think it's easily the best part of the game. My best so far is 79 kills with 14 headshots. I don't know what it is, but in these World War 2 games, I always prefer the rifles to machine guns. I just love the accuracy and control of the rifles, just makes it so much easier to blast mofos, cept in an ambush when you're being rushed, but that just means you can sprint around and bust the melee. Compared to Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault, and even Call Of Duty 2, it's just not happening in terms of fun. MoH PA was just epic. It felt like I was actually there! When the other was here and we were first playing it, we were shouting, scared, and getting really involved in the story. Some fantastic shooting took place, with snipers in trees being taken out by our low powered rifles (a lot of the time on the run). Then COD2 had the intro right out of Enemy At The Gates, with you getting ammo, and someone else getting a gun, and it was just truly insane!

The other made a comment the other day that he thought the Rolling Stones were the best, and the Beatles were overrated. I 100% agree with that. Rolling Stones were just absolutely amazing, and so far ahead of their time. However that train of thought is probably blasphemy in the wider community, but I'll be damned if I can't voice my opinion!

At the other's last week, we played Assassin's Creed and Uncharted (both of which were bloody amazing)!! The other loved Uncharted so much, he even bought Uncharted 2 the day after it was out (even though he'd just bought Brutal Legend). I believe he's been getting all up in that. I'm probably seeing the other tomorrow, to write some more songs and have a jolly good time.

As I mentioned in my last post, the JRL will be updated with the blog intro/retrospective...whenever that will be.

I did mention previously that I would engage in a debate on blondes v. brunettes. I think now is the time to get into it!

So for as long as I can remember, I've always liked brunettes. In fact I've sort of detested blondes. I don't know why this is or what brought it on. This is in stark contrast to the (perceived) majority of males who prefer blonde girls. I don't know why that is either! In fact my distate was to such a point that I did not find any blonde girl even remotely attractive for a long time.

So what's the deal? I guess from some community stereotypes, you will find that blonde girls are characterised as airy, dumb, suggestable, and fun loving. Brunettes? I don't even know what they're characterised as. But it could be safe to assume it's the opposite. These days I am finding myself opening up to find some blonde girls attractive! I've heard arguments that boys start to develop the love of blondes from a young age due to the very nature of blonde hair - being bright and shiny, things that attract young children. I didn't know what to think of that, until I saw my nephew watching Joss Stone on tv like a slack jawed yokel. He hasn't done that with other girls before, so there may be some truth to it.

In my experience, I tend to engage with brunettes more, and found that SOME of the stereotypes I mentioned above were totally applicable to the blondes I knew. However, that was probably down to an individual basis, not just the colour of their hair! The point I guess is that while we're probably ruled by our proclivities and histories, some of which are unexplainable, you probably shouldn't leave your entire life to chance just because of some bad experiences. In this particular example, hair colour has nothing to do with individuality. I will prefer to decide my women on a woman by woman basis thank you very much! Haha!

Anyway, that's it for now folks! Till I can post again, have a nice day! Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus