Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pray tell!

Yes I know I still have to complete the blog intro/retrospective, and I will get around to it soon. I have actually finished my review, but I just haven't bothered putting them up. Don't worry, they will be soon.

Just thought I'd blog about other stuff for now. I saw the other this weekend and last weekend, and had an absolute blast. Saw a good play, watched some movies and played some games. But most importantly we played guitar! We jammed long and we jammed well! Awesome ideas springing up all over the place, strange chords suddenly made sense with a well thought out riff between them. Both of us taking improvised solos, it was magic. I remember when we were playing guitar near the start and we both were struggling to get the whole point of the first position of the Minor Pentatonic scale. Hahaha, needless to say, those days are long behind us.

Got to give props to the other for having me over 2 weekends in a row, for many many hours. The other has also said that he aims to blog in the near future! So please await his return to these pages.

I didn't think it would happen, but here it is! The Joaquin Rate List is going to have more updates shortly, so be on the lookout for that one. I also aim to engage in a discussion regarding blondes vs brunettes! Maybe we can settle the age old debate! Hahaha, should be grand.

My grandmother has arrived on her annual visit. You know she married at like 18, had no formal education past 16, and she's a millionaire? Despite the lack of education, she's very sharp (I think sharper than my parents), and she can actually understand contexts, and knows when people are being sarcastic. She tells it like it is, and seems to be the only one in my family with any form of common sense. The other is right, you don't know how long you have with these people, so you should try to pick their brain as much as possible, cause they have probably had one hell of a life.

I was babysitting my niece and nephew for several days last week, and the point hit me about after school care. I used to go when I was in kindergarten, through to about year three or four. I hated it. Yes there were other kids there, but I always felt like I was abandoned. I don't know when or why I stopped, but the parents made the decision for me to become a latchkey kid. Sure, my parents weren't home when I got home, but all that meant was that I watched afternoon tv till they got home. I enjoyed this a lot more. It also helped my parents come to the conclusion that I could be left home alone, so they could go interstate with my other siblings and stuff, or that everyone could leave me home by myself since the age of 10, and I was cool with that. Independence is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, that's it for this post, have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus