Monday, October 26, 2009

Technology companies are mostly capitalist scumbags...

There are a few things in this world that to me is just a little annoying. The over capitalization of the technological sphere is one of them. All these companies are out the to make as much money as they can, however they can. Its quite annoying if you ask me. Today, Apple and Adobe are the annoyance factor for me.

Every year, Apple releases new products. First there was the iPhone and now the 3gs and before long there will the next generation. This will happen without a doubt. I bought 2 ipods and an iPhone in the last year. I for one am going to be quite annoyed when the next iPhone come out, as I love the thing, but will have to miss out on that model. Sometimes I wish they would stop making new models daily and instead make one every other year, so that I could at least wait for my contract to run out. But then again Apple will always be Apple. Other than the iPhone, I am not sure why people bother with Apple laptops. For the level of power I expect from my machine, only a macbook pro will suffice. But I can't justify a 3k spend on a computer when I can spend 1/3 of that amount and still get a machine that works just as well. Sure macs look really good but I don't use my computers as an accessory. Maybe thats where the difference is, I look for performance over look. Sure I own an iPhone but there isn't another phone out there that plays music like an iPhone or run as many applications. With Windows 7 out now, which is truly an amazing operating system, I can no longer see any reason to bother to switch to a mac. For a while I considered it but could not see any justifications for one. I can do a lot more things on a PC, just because I've been using one for much longer. If you guys are thinking of switching, try Windows 7 first.

Adobe are the other culprits. Don't get me wrong, I live and breath their products. I probably think they have more merit when it comes to software than Apple, but their development calender is again an annoyance. Firstly their Creative Suites cost so much money. I don't understand why they feel that they must make a new creative suite every year! Why can't update their software for their users for a few years at a time? Why can't they have a membership, where you pay for the product once, and you get updates for the next 5 years. This forking out more money for a new CS is just a money making scheme. So thats what I think of CS5. I'm looking forward to it but it annoys me all at the same time.

In this world where everyones just trying to profit maximize, I am glad that we have a company like Google. I hope they take over the world and provide us with more freeware and opensource development that is actually good! I am happy for them to make money through advertisement. I am indeed waiting for an android phone that has a fantastic music player and then I'd throw away my iPhone as well. Sometimes I wish I lived in the stone age...
blog comments powered by Disqus