Monday, February 04, 2008

Look who makes a return...

Well its been a while, and I've missed writing down stuff. No need to make any excuses on my behalf, I've been having a bad time with life, and needed sometime to sort out stuff, so you'll have to excuse my presence. The other has been keeping you all busy with stuff to read, so I guess the world makes sense again :P.

Its funny, I created this blog, but I had to ask the other to invite me again, because I got rid of all the old email addresses I have, and all the older stuff that I didn't need. Maybe I was trying to be not exist in the cyber world, who knows. But here I am, I exist.

I'll fill you in in brief as to what I've been up to. Well I graduated, and now decided to do Honours next year, so I'm not done with school yet, and I don't think I want to be done yet either. I've been on a vacation for the last couple of months, and its about to end soon, and I'm looking forward to being back in Canberra. Till then I have to deal with the slow ass internet connection that I have here, but I guess sometimes its good to have a break from all the internet stuff that I end up doing.

I've had this external harddrive for the last 3 years, and now I can't seem to find anything that I need on it. This is what happens when you think you have a lot of space, you fill it up with things that you don't need, and don't fill it up properly, and now I have a million copies of files, and now I have to sit up and sort all this stuff out. Seems like fun??!!?? Hehe anyone care to help me out with it?


Newly married couples are starting to piss me off. I came across a few profiles on facebook, that are profiles of the couple! So if you get married, do you have to lose your individuality?? So do you not exist in this world as a singular being? Or are you simply part of the other. Damn people and their joint accounts :P

Over the last few months, I've realized that I know absolutely nothing about politics, well I know something about it, but not enough in my books to say that I know anything. I've been reading "The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli, and I think thats a good starting point for me to enter this journey. If anyone has any suggestions on readings on this topic, please let me know. I've realized that it is not ok to not know about certain things. In this world, where information is increasing in volume, its not really possible to know everything about anything. The world is getting more and more complex, yet our brain capacity is still staying the same. I guess this is why we are more bothered about specialization these days, where as in the olden days, scholars tended to know about most subjects. So I've decided that even if I don't know everything about everything, I must try and learn as much as I can about the subject areas that I have to face on a regular basis.

Ok this is my first post in a longtime, so I'm going to write about the random things that come to my head at the moment. I have a lot of topics to talk about, and I'll start writing about them one at a time, as time allows me. I went into solitude for a while, and during that time, I've had a lot of time to think about a lot of matters, and maybe even came up with a few answers that help me sleep better at night.

When things get out of hand, sometimes the reason is hard to find. And if you contemplate on it too long, sometimes you get lost in a downward spiral that you just can't seem to break free from. Is existentialism so desperate?? I too fell into one of those holes, and and happy to feel differently these days. I'm so through feeling down and out, that sometime when I'm not feeling completely happy, I ask myself why am I not happy. But then again, no one is happy all the time. I guess in some way, I don't want to go back into that frame of mind, so any feeling that feels anything close to those feeling, freak me out that I'm going to head back into one of those frames. But no one in this entire world is happy 24/7. I just gotta remember that :P. But I've been good none the less.

I've come to accept that everything happens for a reason. Certain things in life are shaped by certain decisions, and circumstances. For instance, who knows if I'd be studying again if the circumstances didn't change. And now in retrospect, I can see why somethings happened, it was to make me not only stronger, but also for me to meet the people I did in the time being, and also to do the things that I have done. Every experience is a good one, because we learn from our experiences. We learn faster on fire as well. I will again talk about this topic on another day. I also take comfort in the fact that people will get what they deserve, karma. What goes around comes around. Not because I started watching ED, but because I see little signs of it happening around me all the time.

Ok this is where i'll stop for the night. Just to give you a heads up on what is to come over the next while. And just to stop and say hello, and that I'm back with a vengeance...
blog comments powered by Disqus