Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Time Has Arrived, But I'm Late For My Own Appointments

I was going to leave this post till the 1st of February, just in case I couldn't think of anything, and I didn't want to lose another month exactly a year later. But on discussion with the other, he has decided to return to the blogging world and shall be posting shortly, so he will probably lead the February Anarchy Inside My Mind sweepstakes kick off!

I shall attempt to update the patented Joaquin Rate List (JRL) some time in the near future. I'm sure there have been names that have cropped up, but with the previous lack of blognotes (or blogging for that matter), names have been unrecorded, and I will probably have to rely on my memory. Stay tuned for more on that.

It's good to be clean again. It's been the holidays and I haven't gone out lately so I've been scrubbing it up by not shaving or showering (don't worry, I had no contact with the outside world for a bit, so it's ok)! But I decided to at least shower yesterday and it feels good, especially with all the heat. It's also sharpened up my reflexes and in conjunction with cutting my nails I'm able to play sublimely again, I don't know why that is!! It must be a phenomenon!

I'll also take this opportunity to again praise Dove hygiene products! Dove soap and body milk is THEEE best! Real soap leaves you feeling dry and greasy, and other moisturisers get gloppy and smell weird. But this stuff is the best, and the aroma is so pure.

For as long as I can remember (I think probably high school), on the advice of my sister, I used to have my bedroom clock fast by 12 mins exactly. Her reasoning was that way you'd always be on time whenever you needed to get somewhere. As the rest of the clocks in the house (and my watch and phone) run on standard time, the other day I decided to make it uniform and put it back to normal timing. This isn't really a problem since I'm usually never late for anything anyway. But for some reason I keep deducting 12 mins from whatever the time is from the clock in that room. Funny how conditioning works don't you think?

I've mentioned before that I used to get near panic attacks in tutorials whenever I answered questions, from the middle of university onwards. It would happen regardless of whether I was right or wrong, or wanted to answer the question or not and it just seems incredibly weird looking back. As the real world beckons, I'm hoping the trend doesn't continue, or I'm going to have serious issues. I don't even know what the hell started it so I can't go to the root of the issue.

One of my biggest pet peeves is my mp3 player playlist. You can upload files directly to folders on it etc, but everything organises in alphabetical order, so other playlists require the use of the program that it came with. So I usually do it on the other computer, and usually have playlists of about 25-35 songs each. Anyhow, usually as soon as I put up a playlist, about 2-3 days later I'll hear another song that I want and get it, then I have to totally re-do the entire playlist!! It's FRUSTRATING! So now I've resolved to just wait till the backlog of songs reaches a predetermined amount before they can constitute their own playlist. I guess the use of USB1.1 drivers on that comp brought that around, since it does take a lil while to get playlists that big to upload.

I must also sing the praises of King Crimson's Sleepless. From the eponymous slapped bass intro to the eerie guitar riff later on, it's probably the best description of insomnia ever. It's highly experimental and not mainstream in terms of lyrics and composition, but it's one of my faves. The vocal delivery is spot on, and damn Robert Fripp and his use of new standard tuning (CGDAEG). I'll have to give it a go soon so I can try to figure out that song cause it's spectacular.
Great song and great players, it just can't go wrong!

I love this thing that I've noticed on youtube lately. As you probably know I've been hitting shuffle on winamp and loading up the music video in youtube to watch! The comments have been hilarious to read on some of the vids. I watched Lenny Kravtiz ft. Slash - Always On The Run. The comments mainly concerned how great Slash's playing is. However one stated that if it hasn't been for Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Slash would have never picked up the guitar (this is true). However, the next comment said that if it hadn't been for the guitar being invented several hundred years ago, Slash and any other guitar player wouldn't have picked up the guitar. This was funny enough as it is, but then the next comment said that if it wasn't for the first Atom and big bang, nobody would exist, and certainly not Slash.
Funny as hell yes, but this got me thinking, that this level of escalation in our youth in terms of arguments and retribution doesn't bode well. I don't think the younger generations really understand the concept of consequence and the value of life as some of the other generations. With their nonchalant attitudes, there will probably be bigger conflicts and even more casualties. The biggest anti war activists are usually those who have fought in wars previously and have realised how futile it is.

Anyway there's this whole sub culture of people on YT who conduct entire conversations within the comments, and watch others videos. An interesting society YT is. Anyway, that's my contribution for today!! Have a nice day folks!!
blog comments powered by Disqus