Friday, June 16, 2006

Every boy's the same, since I've been the 7th grade...

I apologise for the lack of updates lately, but as I have mentioned, I have had exams and have been studying furiously for them. Anyway, I'm on holidays now, so you can expect a good flurry of posts over the next 32 or so days while I attempt to clear my massive backlog of blog notes. I don't care about anything anymore, there are no obligations so I can just procrastinate to my heart's content...and watch a crap load of world cup soccer while I'm at it.

The other should be done with his stuff soon and has promised an update as soon as he is done. I hate to say it, but it must be said. Fernando Alonso is too good. Too good the point of not being human. I think he may in actual fact be Satan. It makes perfect sense! How can a car with slow straight line speed be caning everyone by so much?! If it was the car, Fisichella would be doing well too, but obviously it's the driver, and Alonso must be assassinated for all intents purposes. I'm not that worried yet though, I think Schumacher still has a good chance. I'm hoping that Raikkonen joins Ferrari next season, then he and Macher will destroy ALL who oppose them.

For any of those who have to use epoxy resin for super glue, don't inhale the stuff or get it on your hands. I had to try and fix an earring with that stuff today and now I just feel nauseous, it's truly terrible stuff I tell you. You know it can't be good for you when you have to mix two different compounds out of the packet in order to use the final product!

I should be able to graduate from one of my degrees this year! I'm going to be so happy when I do, cause I can just throw it at people to make myself feel better.

I'm on cloud #9! Justin King's CD is going to be out in August and I'm going to be one of the first in line to buy it dammit! Ditto for Kaki King whose new CD should also be out soon. Speaking of guitars, I'm looking into buying 3 acoustics in the near future. Just any cheap Steel string as well as a classical nylon string guitar. But the third guitar I want is probably a Martinez Roundback, which is a straight knock off of the Ovation synthetics. They look wicked and play like a dream (and Kaki King uses the Ovation...but I can't afford those).

I have to renew my hatred of wikipedia! It's such a damn good site, but it's incredibly addictive. Once you go and look something up for your own interest, you'll find another 10 things which relate to that which also interest you and so it continues until you can't breathe anymore!! It's a very good time wasting tactic, I throughly enjoy it. It's funny, because you always end up in a completely different academic field to that of which you started.

One of my favourite shows of all time is back on tv, finally!! Mile High!! Yes, that trashy Brit Dramady about the staff of a small budget airline. It's as good as ever, I love it so much. It typifies British tv for me.

You know what's strange? Sometimes when I'm wide awake, I have these crazy Butterfly Effect-esque moments where I start dreaming while I'm awake. Well not entirely, it's not day dreaming. But I keep re-living dreams I had in my youth about places which bear an eerie resemblance to places I've been since I've attended university. It's really pretty disturbing really because I know I'm awake and dreaming, but it's like I'm in two streams of consciousness and I have to try hard to bring myself back.

I hate centrelink. For our international readers, you can liken it to Australia's version of social security. If you've ever had to deal with them, you know they're almost as inept as the Department of Immigration. We went in there the other day and we alerted them to our presence. 4 hours later they finally saw us. Apparently they didn't register us on the computer when we arrived so all these new people kept getting ahead of us. Needless to say, I was very pissed off indeed. That wait was seriously a messed up ordeal. It really makes you question yourself, it was akin to being on the last immunity challenge on survivor where it's all about stamina, after 39 days of living in a remote place, to see what you're made of. I almost went insane, asking myself the craziest questions. I do think I'm now capable of killing people, I just know it. How scary is that? Haha, a 4 hour wait has changed me as a person, how grand is that?

Anyway, I shall update the Joaquin rate list for my next entry because my backlog is HUGEEE. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus