Wednesday, February 04, 2015

All Bent Out Of Shape

Am I morphing into some weird gunky substance?  Sorry to return to the dream diary state of things, but I had some absolute doozies last night.  A house party or housesitting where I had a gun pulled on me, only to talk down the person and make friends with them!  Then I was hanging out with a friend from High School who I haven't seen since that time, and his brother was skydiving with some other people.  We saw them, and their chutes failed and they all crashed into the ground.  We took a truck to go and help, and despite some major injuries, they were all alive.  Then I woke up at like 5am and I could not go back to sleep.  I need to try and sleep earlier and get some semblance of fitness together.  I'm not altogether healed, but I hope it's enough to allow me to get moving again.  I'd like to be awake and motivated for my day.

My work computer is a pain.  It's slow, and the GPU fails every hour or so when I've got more than 2 tabs open.  Sorry, but in order to work I need to multitask!  Work computers, outside of IT are never good.  I wonder why companies don't really make the investment in better processing power.  I'm excited for the Raspberry Pi!  A cheap processor with power that can operate the new Windows?  That's excellent.  I can't wait.  I think I've pretty much stopped doing all I can with crazy graphics processing.  I just need to have something that can run a browser and a word processor and handle external media.  Done and done.  Save some money, and get things done!  Not bad overall.  Or maybe I'll just get an Intel NUC.  Who knows.  There's a massive price differential, so we'll see.

Ok, I've got things to do, so I'll get on to that.  Most people are afraid to be themselves.  Why is that?  It's refreshing when you meet someone who is true to who they are, warts and all. 

Last night was a bit of a fail, and I'm sorry for that post.  But I got absolutely nothing done.  I wonder why.  I need to stop blowing so much time on nothing.

Well hey, at least I get to leave early today.  Only 2 and a half hours to go.  And now it's down to under an hour.  I have been scarily productive today.  It's almost worrying.  I'm sure tomorrow will be a return to old form.  I just have to sleep early and get going.  Hope my legs hold up under the pressure. 

Here's to it!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus