Sunday, May 09, 2010

Coronas And European Girls

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in this city there seems to be a lot of people who are leaving their 1/4 full Corona bottles around! And not just near pubs and clubs, you see them in random places. Who leaves a Corona bottle lying around, especially when it's 1/4 full?? What if it's the same bottle everywhere I keep seeing?? Haha now that's a thought!

So it strikes again, go to a restaurant, and yes, there are attractive women. Legs till next week, amazing bodies and dresses, it made it rather difficult to eat! But I got the thought that they were much younger than me. Noo, before you all start dialling 911 or triple zero, they were definitely legal. But still a lot younger than I was. I'm almost a full decade above the age of legality here. You see it now and then when someone in their mid 20's dates someone in their late teens. I don't really think that sort of thing is for me. I guess this is where the harsh reality of age and life set in. Well them's the breaks I say!

As stated, I have a ridiculous amount of updates to get into the Joaquin Rate List (JRL), and I think that may take me some time. As I am trying to type this one out as fast as possible, I'll have to wait till next time to get those up. I just want to be home and away from here. It's so much more peaceful and the atmosphere is just so much more conducive to actually getting work done, when I'm left to my own devices.

I finally visited the other after moving and we had a cracking good time! He showed me the wonders of a program called FL studio (the latest iteration of Frooty Loops), and goddamn, what a powerhouse of a program! Makes Adobe Audition look like a bloody pre-school Audacity like program! We were working on a song (interestingly enough, a dance song) for like 2 hours, and it was just brilliant; sitting there nodding our heads to the beat, it was fantastic! The other is getting a Midi controller for more control over the action, and depending on how it pans out for him, I may also get one. We also got into some jams, which were fantastic and they have gone up into dropbox for fine tuning. The other also procured himself an Epiphone SG copy and it looks fantastic! Plays well too. So congrats to him!

So it finally happened! After 20 years of Telstra being absolutely crap, my phone line is up and running! I have ordered the internet and that too is listed as being up and running, so all I need is a modem router and I am GOOD to go! Hell yes, here comes 50 gig and downloads till I cry!! In terms of internet and phone provisioning, it still makes me ill to think how far behind the rest of the world Australia is in terms of service. We pay an exorbitant amount for internet that is not all that fast, nor does it allow enough data allowance. This is supposed to be a first world country, and we're getting stiffed. The problem relates to Telstra's ridiculous monopoly on all the service infrastructure, they've shut everyone out. And since they had a huge market position before it was privatised, they can just destroy everyone else. This isn't right. Under the constitution there is allowance for telephony devices to be TOTALLY governed by the Federal Government. Handing control over to a private company should not be allowed right? Cause there is an implied right that all Australians should be able to access it, therefore charges such as line rentals or service charges cannot be levied, because the tax system should pick that up under a PUBLIC right. I hope this National Broadband Network will come good some time soon!

Haha, at work the other day, I was so in the zone and just ploughing through work I just felt REALLY relaxed. In fact, so relaxed I coulda just peed my pants right there and then! Ahh work, what a funny place! We have these poorly produced videos to teach us about the dangers of I/T security etc. Anyhow in these videos these people keep stealing data from Government employees. Of course they're actors, but what's gold is that the I/T hackers are all these ridiculously attractive females. I'm sorry, but that's just not believable. No attractive female works in I/T as a programmer. Graphic designer yes, tech support perhaps. But programming? Nope, not true! Sorry, nope, never!

I got pwned by a guy with an umbrella the other day. When I used to live in Sydney, if it was relatively overcast in the morning, or if someone walking down the street from my window was carrying an umbrella, I would carry one too. I have not followed this now that I'm back here. I saw a guy in the morning carrying one while I was on my way to work. It was a sunny day so I thought he'd just have a burden. But lo and behold, come home time, it was POURING and I got drenched! Haha he showed me!

I think I posted that story about that girl whose job I took over when I first joined the public service. The one who obviously did not like me, but unfortunately had a fantastic ass. This made it even funnier when I discovered that her surname is just another name for prostitute (I shan't repeat it here or it'll be easy to ID her). I saw her again the other day and she totally gave me the biggest death stare ever, haha fantastic!

Since the colder weather has started, I have started wearing a light t-shirt underneath my shirts and suit jackets. I am a huge fan of this, as it keeps me incredibly warm, and the plasticy smell from the packaging that they're in totally gets me off! It's so nice, I love it!

Anyhow, that's it for now folks. I'll try to blog from home if I get my stuff in order and get my router etc. Have a nice day! Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus