Saturday, May 01, 2010

Back In May I Forgot My Thoughts

Yes, I know I was meant to blog last week, but I never got around to it! Too much study to do, and I really could not be bothered. However, this is good for you because I now have a backlog of blog notes to get through.

Bloody Telstra! Epic fail! I'm meant to have my phone line and internet set up at my place already, but alas, they have failed me, so I still only have access to the internet on the weekends.

I don't know how it happened, but the Joaquin Rate List (JRL) is set to grow by a bloody substantial amount on my next update! I will hit that up at the next available opportunity. I want to get home quite soon, so I am just going to blog then get ready.

I will aim to get the other to blog ASAP. Further, I will try to get in a jam session with him. I've been getting a few more ideas in, and now that I've cut my nails, I am good to go with the guitar!

Do you ever get the feeling that people are laughing at you? After work I usually have to walk against the flow of general pedestrian traffic in order to get to my place. Therefore I am walking in an oncoming direction to most people. They all seem to look at me, laugh a bit then look away. What is up with that? Are they laughing at me? What's wrong with me? No doubt, this makes me extremely paranoid and self-conscious. I hope this isn't a sign of mental illness.

As mentioned above, I have been studying to get some assignments and such done. This opened up a new world of scary procrastination for me. I was doing EVERYTHING else except study. I used to be so motivated, and a lot of my work was done before the due date, but this time around, I am not loving it so much!

I don't know if I ever ragged on it before, but when I had Optus internet in Sydney, it really was quite a fantastic deal. Despite counting uploads AND downloads in my download limit, 20gig per month was definitely more than enough to get through. I only came close to limits because of my ridiculous downloading and streaming. But when you couple that with the fact I got free calls to all mobiles, landlines and so on, it was something I really enjoyed! I'll probably never see the likes of that any time soon. I was ringing like a man possessed!

I keep waking up with cuts on my fingers these days. Really small superficial ones, but how is it happening? Am I scratching myself in my sleep? Where did they come from? It can't be stress related, because I find that work is getting easier.

I have no idea why I keep going back to my Sydney days! If I'm always a grass is always greener on the other side person, I'll never be happy! But anyway, I remember that after my first year of work, we were forced to take extended leave over the Christmas break. This ended up being close to 3 weeks, whereas in the public service I only got 3 days off during this period. I had a bloody good time. Instead of going to the gym at 6:45 in the morning every day, I would get up at noon, casually eat breakfast then later work my way to the gym...where there would always be the same HOT MILF on the treadmill totally killing it and filling my head with various lustful thoughts, while she was watching Oprah and exercising. Then I would just play games and watch movies till about 3-4am and I bloody loved it. I will never get holidays like that ever again, where I am being paid to have a bloody fantastic time. By the time I get substantial leave (long service I suspect), I will probably be married with children and my life will be over!

I remember in college I had an acquaintance who liked some girl (this was quite common knowledge), but she kept dating losers. I asked him how he felt about it, and he said that he had this unrealistic expectation that whenever he met ANY girl he liked, he would picture their entire future together, of them being married and having children etc. At first I guess it could be written of as immature, but in reality, I honestly think that is every guy. Most girls don't realise that, and that's a shame, as we are typically characterised as unfeeling, unthoughtful brutes.

U.S. 80's/90's sitcoms had the best city settings. I remember Perfect Strangers and its wonderful introduction featuring many shots of Chicago. I also remember Driver 2, where I would spend countless hours driving around the city (in the 70's). What a great place to visit. Ditto for Full House and San Francisco (but Mythbusters also shows off the city in great detail). Speaking of Driver, I think that game made me a much better real life driver. It was one of the few games where a road car handled realistically, and not like Need For Speed Carbon, where a car can supposedly turn 90 degrees without braking, at well over 200km/h. Case in point? I tried to over take a guy when a one lane road split into two lanes, and then as I was next to him, I found that he had started to drift VERY far over both lanes, and almost sent me into a blood traffic island at 80km/h. If I had not been on the ball and had been watching him, which in turn enabled me to slam on the brakes and avoid him, I would have definitely had a pretty significant accident. Good ol' Driver!

Am I burnt out? I don't feel like I can work as hard as I used to anymore. Or am I just getting lazy?

The other day at work I forgot my headphones and had to suffer from lack of stimulation! I have a DVD of songs in my drive that I listen to occasionally when I need a pick up, or need to get into the zone to do some repetitive tasks.

There's a guy at work who has a ridiculously attractive girlfriend -who also happens to work there, but in a different area. I just mentioned this because he should be damned!!

I read on wikipedia the other day that in Wolfenstein 3D (that classic game), the bosses were drawn with 2D sprites, so that no matter what way you approached them, they would always see you! NO WONDER! They would always just start shooting at you and you'd always start on the back foot! It's not like current games where you can sometimes sneak up on bosses and take them out and make life easier for yourself! Those geniuses at ID software!

Haha, anyhow, that's it for this week folks. Have a nice day! Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus