Sunday, April 26, 2009

Forward motion and other vague luxuries

I remember at my old place I had no real heating, and it was a rather old apartment so when winter came around, I was fucking freezing most of the time. I used to cruise around in tracksuit pants, socks, t-shirt, jumper, thick hoody with another jacket on top and a scarf. I remember friends who visited paid me out but damn, I felt warm, and it was good. I remember when I was insanely sick with the flu, I just stayed in bed and just felt lovely.

This new apartment doesn't really have that, I can walk around in t-shirt and shorts and feel a bit chilly, but because I'd be sweating like a pig if I dressed up like I did before, I don't really get that sense of warmth or through that, contentment.

Watched Requiem For A Dream and The Devil Wears Prada. Req was a letdown, but The Devil Wears Prada was highly enjoyable, even if it did seem like an Ugly Betty rip off (or vice versa). And I'm sorry, but no matter what movie studios attempt to do, you cannot make Anne Hathaway look ugly or dishevelled!!! She is flaming hot, and after seeing a bit of her serious side in Havoc and Brokeback Mountain, I just have to say she deserves more recognition.

So at first I did not like Sex On Fire by Kings Of Leon, but I must say, after several listens, it is hard to top those screaming guitar double stops during the chorus.

I started going to the gym again this weekend, and I am aiming to go 6 days a week from now on. By god, I almost died. But it's good for me, and hopefully it'll help me sleep at night, and have the energy to put up with long days. This also means getting up early again but I'm sure that'll be ok.

I also watched Independence Day, and I gotta say, despite all the shlockness, it is a damn enjoyable action movie!

Anyhow, I am gearing up for tonight's formula 1, should be a good one! Enjoy folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus