Saturday, December 22, 2007

Her Ugliness Was Flawless

Been a while I know! But I haven't been doing much. I hired 22 DVD's last week and I watched them ALL. I feel incredibly freaked out, cause some of that time I didn't have a decent amount of sleep and the movies sometimes took on a life of their own. During Apocalypse Now Redux I thought Marlon Brando was talking to me and not Martin Sheen. Freaked me out I tell you.

Pick of the bunch? 21 Grams, The Departed and Mystic River. All excellently acted dramas. Some of the other stuff was incredibly overrated.

I have some more movies to rent sometime soon, but you can bet it won't be as much as this time!

Went shopping today for some birthday presents and sale items for me. Bought 2 Dunlop Jazz III Picks. Feel so good, they're firm but light so that they cut through strings nicely. Unfortunately Mini Matons and my beloved Martin signature John Mayer guitar are sold. However, I did play a Mini Maton 12 string which felt and sounded AWESOME, and was rather cheap too. Bought some DVD's that I've been meaning to get for a while, but there are a few more to go.

Also bought a birthday present for a friend, which cost a fair bit of dosh but it's good so hopefully they'll like it. It was strange though, despite it being a weekday, there were a massive amount of people there and buying up like crazy, and I felt incredibly sick with all the capitalism and guilt free spending going on. Some people don't think. Then I realised I was a hypocrite, and that wasn't good.

I had a 25th hour moment. As those who have seen the movie know, Edward Norton's character goes on a massive 4-5 minute rant about the people of New York. At the end he realises that the kindness and friendliess of the people is going to help him survive prison. I live my rant everyday. Today I had good moments and it was odd but entertaining and exciting.

Next week should be interesting to say the least. I finally graduated, so I'm happy with that. Too bad my worries never stopped.

The other is still overseas and as such haven't heard much from him.

Think I'm going to get some practice in then play a game or something! Talk later folks.
blog comments powered by Disqus